Replacement fuel injector plugs 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am getting ready to build up a new Toyota short block and want to streamline it as much as possible. I have most items needed to complete the transfer of parts from the old engine to the new short block.. I am keeping the old head if it checks out ok.

I know I've read on here somewhere about procuring new plastic plugs for the injectors as the old ones are brittle and usually break. Can someone assist me with part numbers or source for these plugs?

I will have the old short block available if some one is interested. 238k miles. Runs well has 155lb comp on cylinders 1,2,3,5,6 and 135 on cylinders 4. Puffs a little smoke but runs great.

Thank you

Great to do, don't recall part numbers.

These are Japanese connectors OEM quality for a great price. They are pigtails that you splice in. Toyota says not to solder and to crimp them. I have put these on 3 different rigs and had zero issues. I tried buying OEM connectors and using a pin tool to depin them and replace without splicing and the juice is not worth the squeeze.

0CE7F652-BB77-497C-89FA-7588492D2FC7.png

Found 6 connectors with pigtails online via amazon for $14 shipped, I spliced these in on a client's harness when I rebuilt his engine.

Amazon product ASIN B073RCCWN7

I suggest replacing the section of wire at the injector plug as well since most I've seen have cracked / brittle wire insulation at the connector. And give yourself a little extra length.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom