Remflex Gasket Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Over past year the FJ40 has developed a pretty good header/intake leak. I was 1st tipped off by the typical header exhaust tick. I re torqued the studs/bolts and that only helped for a couple of months. This time the leak got worse. I could smell exhaust real bad while driving down the road with the windows rolled up. I did some reading and Remflex REMFLEX Exhaust Gaskets: Home Page came highly recommended. So I ordered one. BY the time it arrived I had already removed all of the old and fried gasket material from the intake, header, and head. Installation is very easy, however you need to make sure you do not break the gasket as it is kind of brittle. After everything was buttoned up, I fired the 2F and WOW what a difference. No more exhaust noise or smell. Best of all no leaks for the intake and I had a noticeably smoothing running engine.

These gaskets are awesome and I highly recommend them. However, they are pricey.

Only the best for my 40.

.....however you need to make sure you do not break the gasket as it is kind of brittle.

I had read only good reviews of this gasket and spent the $70 on it. Against my own better judgement, I took it in to a mechanic to have done. I usually do everything possible myself but couldn't wait. It worked well for a few months but i can see several spots where they "cracked" the gasket :mad:. It now has a serious exhaust leak but I will do it myself this time and make sure everything is right. Live and Learn.

Copenhagen1

I had read only good reviews of this gasket and spent the $70 on it. Against my own better judgement, I took it in to a mechanic to have done. I usually do everything possible myself but couldn't wait. It worked well for a few months but i can see several spots where they "cracked" the gasket :mad:. It now has a serious exhaust leak but I will do it myself this time and make sure everything is right. Live and Learn.

Copenhagen1

I am now carrying the Remflex gaskets and can help you with an exchange. When it comes time to do the new gasket let me know and I will get you a new one at no charge (other than shipping). The gaskets must be torqued evenly and only crush about 50 percent or just over. As you experienced when they are over torqued they do crack, and can blow out soon after. It is also recommended that the gasket is installed dry, as in no sealant, for the best seal.

can anyone in usa assist in shipping one of these gaskets to australia at a better price than there website quotes rofl $98.83

I'd be more than happy to help you with that. PM me and we'll get the ball rolling.

I'd be more than happy to answer any other questions as well. The gaskets can be ordered at my site also (link in my signature line) at a much better price. Also, for those running headers, I was able to bring the price down quite a bit by selling the manifold gasket on it own.

David

I just bought one for a 73 1F engine and the intake to exhaust gasket is not correct. Part number RF7009-B&C. This one is about 2X as wide(from left to right) as the original and has 2 additional bolt holes. Any suggestions.
Thanks

I am now carrying the Remflex gaskets and can help you with an exchange. When it comes time to do the new gasket let me know and I will get you a new one at no charge (other than shipping).

That would be awesome. I will pm you this week. That is above and beyond the call and I really appreciate it. I checked out your website and you are definitely the PLACE to get remflex gaskets. Very good prices. I paid almost twice what you are charging.

Thanks again.

Copenhagen1

They are the best gaskets out there!!! I love mine!! My dad has a set on his built 360, they have been on there for like 3 years or more with no problems!!

later
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom