release date (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
anybody hear/know when these things are going to start hitting the market?
last i heard they were coming out as an '06, not that i have been paying much attention.
so what's the lastest release date/year.

I haven't heard anything new, according to the original press release: "The Toyota FJ Cruiser will reach Toyota dealerships in early 2006. "
I think it may be released as an "early" 2007 model.

I heard January 2006. It seems like a very optimistic date.

:D Yeah i recently visited the Toyota dealership in Dublin and I talked to an idiot there. I asked him about the Fj and he said" The Xj?" what an idiot! As he was showing us the new cruisers he was obviously trying to sell one to use when we were just looking ( cause we dont have the money yet and my family really wants an fj over the new land cruiser cause of price and looks) But we were just checking them out. ANyway, I asked him just being curious as to what the price was and he said " oh the'll be started out at 80." I tried really hard not to laugh and asked him very sarcastically why the price would be around 80k what does it offer to be so pricey ? Offcourse car sales men doing what they do best dodged the question. SO anyway this total idiot said they w0uld be comming out around this November. SO i am really curious as to when they ARE comming out. lol. Shoulda went to Stevens Creek. Those guys down their in San Ho are awsome!

I heard it could be January or it could be July.

I was also told Toyota was having a hard time getting vehicles out on their planned release dates.

my only concern is how much "free time" i have left till i start seeing them on the road. and probably having to deal with the owners that "think" it's just like my 40....
so i have atleast 6months to a year cool.

brian said:
my only concern is how much "free time" i have left till i start seeing them on the road. and probably having to deal with the owners that "think" it's just like my 40....
I heard it'll be test-marketed in Lebanon, PA first, sometime next week.. :flipoff2:

jeffholmes said:
Where did you hear this? Is there any more information?
He was making a joke. :)

mabrodis said:
I heard it'll be test-marketed in Lebanon, PA first, sometime next week.. :flipoff2:

fredrick's is too cheap, they'd never go for that....

brian said:
<snipped>.... and probably having to deal with the owners that "think" it's just like my 40....
Just invite them along on a trail run. ;)

brian said:

I don't think they will be comparing a new FJ as being alike to a 40. there is a 30yr gap in technology.

Kind of like saying the new mustang is like the old one made in the 60's. Just a few styling cues but totally different.

Anyone have any updates on actual release?

cabron said:
Anyone have any updates on actual release?
Dealer here told me early spring. Most likely March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom