red wagon w stock trim and chrome, are black wheels dorky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my trim is in great condition, hate to go ruining by sanding and painting black- not to mention I'm just too damn lazy -

16 x 8 pro comps are calling me, are just black wheels with stock chrome and trim goofball?

any pics of such rigs?

txs

:mad:NO.- and don't give a >>>> unless you're a dork;):cheers:

Do what will make you happy- nuts to everyone else. That being said if the stock components are in good shape, why mess with success? Stock 60 rims are some of the toughest on the planet.

I just put a James Duff suspension on my Bronco (welding required, but had a lot of help) so I'm feeling frisky and will order a suspension shortly - probably OME for the balance of parts supply and support, track record, and (hopefully) ride quality. My rears look like a W

I'm looking at prob 11.5s so will have to go a bit wider than the stockers. Plus had a lot of cupping and noise with the BFGs on the FJ Cruiser put on Mickey Thompsons and it's like a new truck.

so 16 x 8s it is

Just envisioning that black wheel looking like black socks and white tennis shoes...

Just envisioning that black wheel looking like black socks and white tennis shoes...
As said...to each his own, but I disagree since there's black rubber wrapped around them it just blends.

I'll fuel the fire. Black is awesome. Gray is cool too... PS I will be completely dechroming shortly....

102_0442.jpg

Paint is cheap if you don't like black. I like it. Do what you like.

Black wheels are never dorky.

Black is not a color, it is the absence of all colors. Therefor it will go with all colors, including red. Go for it.

If you are not sure about painting your wheels you can use this stuff in a spray can: http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

It comes in black, grey and several other colors. If you do not like the look of black wheels you can peel this stuff off. I helped my son do the wheels on his 350Z and it looks really good and holds up well. I knew I wanted black on my 60 wheels so I used paint, it is not a red truck but I like it anyway.
photo.jpg

Last edited:
I've never understood the appeal. Worst choice possible IMO, other than the pimped out extra wide chrome look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom