Help! 88 FJ62 Is this black adhesive business on Chrome Rear Ext Window trim supposed to be here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gordista

Me and the Clan in 'Yota Landcruisers out there
SILVER Star
Threads
Hoping someone is online and able to answer this today…
Question is below if you want to skip ahead the sob story…
slowly been replacing window and door weatherstripping etc. Now it’s winter and cars inside, I have had a chance to address the rear (or mid) door window felts (exterior and interior.) little stupid tasks the most aggravating!

I’m keeping chrome - cause I dig it.
Got felts from SOR (apparently they’re for non chrome trim and you need to take the provided clips off. I ordered appropriate clips from cruiserhead just in case existing ones broke - and & I have to say they look almost identical to what I got off; Which was a b***** by the way. I ended up taking entire door off. Decorative mini 1/4 window and support running guide bar out, along with the actual window. And this morning I still couldn’t pry those little s***s off - and just about threw entire door into effing ocean.
Needless to say the did come off - intact (picture and comparison of cruiserhead merch attached)
IMG_3381.jpeg

Now to question
On the OEM chrome trim exterior side ; there’s a section between the rear door quarter window & the actual window with what appears to be some type of black adhesive.
Is it original? Is it supposed to be there?
or was it a afterthought/bandaid from one of the previous owners who is already attempted this in the past ?
If it’s not supposed to be there, what’s it in lieu of?
IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom