Rear window divider trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, trying to figure out if I am missing a piece of trim for my rear window dividers on my 1985 fj60. Looking around I think 60s had a chrome trim piece, and 62s had rubber, but I can’t seem to find them online (probably because I don’t know what to call them). Can anyone set me straight and let me know what I should be looking for, and where I might find a set? It’s the only piece of trim on my truck that looks kinda ratty. Thanks!
IMG_5511.jpeg

That is a painted metal divider (I think the same on all 60s and 62s). There isn't rubber on it.

Looks like your paint failed and it can be repainted. It's easy to remove if you take the window out.
Interesting, it totally looks like there's rubber or chrome on other clean 60s I've seen. Kind of odd they wouldn't paint match it to the vehicle.

1693935723242.png

1693935916058.png

Interesting, it totally looks like there's rubber or chrome on other clean 60s I've seen. Kind of odd they wouldn't paint match it to the vehicle.

View attachment 3420681
View attachment 3420688
Mine are faded. They were painted metallic gunmetal grey like the headlight bezels if I’m not mistaken. I have seen some with the chrome trim. I suspect those are earlier models.

Mine is an 82 and it appears to have been painted originally, no chrome. My headlight bezels and grille are the full chrome though ... @cps432

@60series777 I'd scuff it with paint, mask off the stuff around it, and rattle can that bad boy whatever shade of black you want. Boom - good as factory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom