Rear Wiper Arm Upgrade/Replacement - JDM OEM Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have any more info on the upgraded front wipers?
Here ya go-
85212-YZZ2F-LX (560mm), 85212-YZZ2G-LX (600mm) (double check those #’s)

It looks like they’re available for $15-$20 each. I’d say they’re worth it. Once the blades wear I’ll figure out what refills will fit it. The Lexus parts guy said there aren’t refills made for them, but I often find answers they give me to be less than accurate.

Here ya go-
85212-YZZ2F-LX (560mm), 85212-YZZ2G-LX (600mm) (double check those #’s)

It looks like they’re available for $15-$20 each. I’d say they’re worth it. Once the blades wear I’ll figure out what refills will fit it. The Lexus parts guy said there aren’t refills made for them, but I often find answers they give me to be less than accurate.
Thanks for the info! These appear to be the wiper blades themselves as opposed to the upgraded wiper arms. Any info on the wiper arms and if those could be upgraded?

Thanks for the info! These appear to be the wiper blades themselves as opposed to the upgraded wiper arms. Any info on the wiper arms and if those could be upgraded?
You are correct Mr. Wick, those are only the wipers, not arms. I don’t know if there’s an alternate wiper arm.

Is there any improvement in performance, or is this just a cosmetic mod?

Nobody has the Toyota P/N for the rear still?

Ordered these online from our favorite auction site after I went to pull my rear arm to sand and repaint. I wanted to order from Ian (@ranma21) but he didn't have any in stock. Came from Japan in less than a week and I was able to put them on today!

20190320_102746.jpg

These are technically for the first gen Toyota Alphard/Vellfire vans sold overseas but they're compatible with the 100s as we know here.

There were a couple vendors selling aftermarket arms in this style for a quarter of the price, but I figured it's safest to stay with OEM!

Before:

20190320_170132.jpg

After:

20190320_171554.jpg

20190320_170102.jpg

I ended up ordering a new linkage (85170-60090) as I accidentally sheared the stud off trying to loosen the nut a week ago, rubber grommet (85143-60110), and nut (90080-17210).

Took 20 minutes to install, but would've been much quicker had I not skinned one of my knuckles with blood dripping everywhere. I'll be keeping the old arm in case I want to go back to the vintage look, but I really like the updated look. Should be able to test its functionality tomorrow with all the rain we are going to get!

20190320_170022.jpg

Last edited:
So I was sitting behind a Prius looking down on it for not ridding the world of discarded dinosaurs, and I noticed that the rear wiper looks like this. Can anyone confirm if this part was sourced from a Prius? There are some in my local junkyard, and I'll pull a wiper arm if so.

So I was sitting behind a Prius looking down on it for not ridding the world of discarded dinosaurs, and I noticed that the rear wiper looks like this. Can anyone confirm if this part was sourced from a Prius? There are some in my local junkyard, and I'll pull a wiper arm if so.
Thought the same thing- prius calls for a different different part number but fit and position looks similar. Might be worth ordering and trying.

I took the wiper off of my wife’s 3rd gen Prius, and it did not fit correctly.

This is what I have on mine, by the way...I did notice the mounting stud does not sit exactly the same as the original = the nut does not go on enough to have exposed threads showing on the top of the nut.
It is more than a couple threads holding it on, but less than the stock part.
I have used it in 2 rainstorms and love how smooth and quiet it is!

689B8B3C-D298-4606-A7BC-D265C1089E3B.jpeg

About to replace mine. The encircled part -is this the part where you need a windshield wiper puller? Thanks!

In rust free areas, probably no.
Lift cap
Remove nut
Wiggle wiper arm up/down and in/out
Arm should be able to be "lifted" off the mounting stud of the wiper motor
WD40 or a few gentle hammer taps around the mounting stud may help or be needed

Mine pulled off with out much resistance. Gave it a shot of kroil first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom