Rear Window Washer Hose Hookup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a 97 FZJ-80 and the rear window washer doesn't work - instead I get a leaky drivers rear corner when I activate the rear washer. Helps clean the roads up a bit I suppose.

When I picked the Cruiser up, the previous owner was showing me the factory jack and tools in the ds rear cubby hole. While he was in there, he pulled a bag of rocks out from under the jack and pulled the hose off that goes up into the lift gate.

After looking around for the fitting to put it back together, there is a plastic tee (well more of a 'y' but three barbed ends regardless). Makes sense that one goes to the feed from the engine bay, and one to the disconnected hose that goes to the gate, but that leaves an open end.

Does anybody know what the proper hookup is for this connection?

Thanks in advance.

- Brandon

Funny, I have almost the exact same issue. I tore everything apart and cannot find what is wrong except that I am also washing the road instead of the rear window. Haven't found anything specific with searching yet, but will continue.

All right, something I can actually contribute to. Found this the other day while try to find a leak.

If you have found the clear tube with the y-connector on the end you are close, but that is not it. Not sure what it is, probably a vent for something.

First, to make it easy, remove the jack and the cradle. I think there are 3 bolts. This will make it easier to find and more space to work in. Under where the jack cradle was you should find a clear tube with an inline connector, or an inline connector at the end of a clear tube since yours is leaking. There should also be a section of clear tubing that comes down from the rear pillar of the vechicle. Connect the two and the problem should be solved.

It's be a couple of weeks since I looked at this, so if it doens't look as descibed just have someone activate the rear washer while you are looking in the rear quarter panal area and you'll find it. Just be sure not to get washer fluid in your eyes. :)

Good luck and hope this helps! :cheers:

Another tip is to use a small tie wrap to secure the tubing to the tee. Mine were popping off way too easily.

D

Do any of you guys know where the rear washer pipe runs from the engine bay end at the washer bottle??

Old thread but thought I would try

Cheers

I just picked up a 97 FZJ-80 and the rear window washer doesn't work - instead I get a leaky drivers rear corner when I activate the rear washer. Helps clean the roads up a bit I suppose.

When I picked the Cruiser up, the previous owner was showing me the factory jack and tools in the ds rear cubby hole. While he was in there, he pulled a bag of rocks out from under the jack and pulled the hose off that goes up into the lift gate.

After looking around for the fitting to put it back together, there is a plastic tee (well more of a 'y' but three barbed ends regardless). Makes sense that one goes to the feed from the engine bay, and one to the disconnected hose that goes to the gate, but that leaves an open end.

Does anybody know what the proper hookup is for this connection?

Thanks in advance.

- Brandon

Funny, I have almost the exact same issue. I tore everything apart and cannot find what is wrong except that I am also washing the road instead of the rear window. Haven't found anything specific with searching yet, but will continue.

All right, something I can actually contribute to. Found this the other day while try to find a leak.

If you have found the clear tube with the y-connector on the end you are close, but that is not it. Not sure what it is, probably a vent for something.

First, to make it easy, remove the jack and the cradle. I think there are 3 bolts. This will make it easier to find and more space to work in. Under where the jack cradle was you should find a clear tube with an inline connector, or an inline connector at the end of a clear tube since yours is leaking. There should also be a section of clear tubing that comes down from the rear pillar of the vechicle. Connect the two and the problem should be solved.

It's be a couple of weeks since I looked at this, so if it doens't look as descibed just have someone activate the rear washer while you are looking in the rear quarter panal area and you'll find it. Just be sure not to get washer fluid in your eyes. :)

Good luck and hope this helps! :cheers:

Washer bottle runs a single tube over to a little box? Below the DS hood hinge. That is the diverte valve that selects front or rear spray. These are known to due young, so some of us that don't care about the rear washer just rep limb it all to the front only.

great thanks @inkpot i will have a look for it. PO had a different bottle in there with only the front hooked up and I'm now putting a Toyota one back in it.

Washer bottle runs a single tube over to a little box? Below the DS hood hinge. That is the diverte valve that selects front or rear spray. These are known to due young, so some of us that don't care about the rear washer just rep limb it all to the front only.

Tanks and diverter valves are known to die young. Finding aftermarket replacements is common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom