Rear Spring Pin to Rear Spring Hanger measurement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought some replacement Rear Spring Gussetts to replace my PO plates. I cut the Spring Hangers off the fabbed plates but now have to reweld Spring Hanger to plate.

With help from Splangy here on mud I have determined that the distance from Pin to Pin Hanger should be 1070 mm. However I mocked up the hanger on my Old Man Emu leaf spring and laid flat to the new gussett and it is measuring up closer to 1090 mms.

Is this a big deal? Or should I just weld the MF and be done with it ???

However I mocked up the hanger on my Old Man Emu leaf spring and laid flat to the new gussett and it is measuring up closer to 1090 mms.

Huh? :confused:

Measure another stock 40 frame and run with it, if you want the hangers in a stock location.

:meh:

Your spring length has nothing to do with it. It is expected that your OME's might be a bit longer since you want a bit of a rearward angle to your shackles. Go with what the FSM says (1070mm). That's what it's there for.

Just had another buddy check his '81 in Idaho, 1079 mm ???

I guess like you say, just go with the factory dims.

Splangy, you mentioned the dimensions you had were for a BJ40. Do you think this would make a difference?

Just had another buddy check his '81 in Idaho, 1079 mm ???

I guess like you say, just go with the factory dims.

Splangy, you mentioned the dimensions you had were for a BJ40. Do you think this would make a difference?

No, they were for all BJ/FJ40's. I told you that the page said BJ40 at the top of the page and that I didn't include the preceding section that showed that FJ40 was included in that drawing.

No, they were for all BJ/FJ40's. I told you that the page said BJ40 at the top of the page and that I didn't include the preceding section that showed that FJ40 was included in that drawing.

I got it sorted out, thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom