Rear spring hanger help/guidance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, replacing my worn, sagging leaf springs with new OME. The OME bushings I got are fine for the shackle (rear & front) ends, but not for the fixed (hanger) ends. For the front springs, I ordered new hangers that had holes to mount the small plate that works with the OME greaseable shackle pin.
However, for the rear, I can't find suitable rear, fixed hangers. The hangers I have are fine, but the through bolt is nearly 19mm in diameter (~18.85mm) and I've found no OME bushings that will allow such a monstrous bolt through. If I can just find a different bushing that will allow me to use my existing hangers (with a new, enormous bolt) that would be preferable, but I don't seem to be able to find any that are so large. Any ideas/suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 3.28.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 3.28.16 PM.png

That doesn't appear to be a factory hanger which is why I think you have this issue.

That doesn't appear to be a factory hanger which is why I think you have this issue.
Yeah, you never know with these ROW trucks. What was factory there may not have been here. Always a crapshoot.

Yeah, you never know with these ROW trucks. What was factory there may not have been here. Always a crapshoot.

it was all the same world wide from the factory. it's the 35 years of making things work to keep the rig running that is your problem
kind of similar to your steering knuckle issue

that is not the factory spring pin. Someone replaced it. They put some weld in place and ground a flat to keep that bolt from spinning. Factory spring pins have a flange and hole for a bolt (or 2 depending on year) that keeps it from spinning. You need some new spring pins and then to do some welding, grinding, and drilling work on that hanger. Or try to find some odd bushings that work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom