Rear passenger wheel squeal when turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

so when I’m turning left and weight (force) shifts to the outside wheel I have a loud metal squeak at the rear wheel area. Mechanic says the frame to body mount bushings are in bad shape due to east coast weather. Anyone deal with this? Any idea which one it typically is as there’s six different ones on the frame.Is it costly to replace frame to body mount bushings? Might it be the e-brake froze and it squealing when the weight shifts. Any guidance helps

I had the same issue, it was one of the brake pad hardware clips had come loose and was rubbing on the rotor when I turned and the weight of the truck made it make contact some how.
Removed wheel, removed clip. Problem solved. That was a year ago now.

Mechanic said he took everything off including rotor and ebrake. He sprayed lubricant on the frame/body mount bushing to reduce the instance of squealing. Now its back to only hard left turns reduced from basically all left turns. Looks like its the number #4 positon. I'd probably replace the number six while i was at it. Anyone done this Before. Is a mechanic going to charge an arm and two legs to do this?

I've been working out sounds on 00 w350K miles. Now down to last two. I have this hard left turn scrape sound. The softer (distant) scrape sound is during right turns.
Is this what you have?
Doing figure 8's, loudest scrape is hard left.

Last edited:
@2001LC I have the same issue, read it could be the rotor rubing on the dust plate. Haven't looked into it more yet, I'm doing rear rotors and pads as soon as time permits. Please post your findings, if anyone works it out it'll be you.

It may also have to do with rear bearings. I need to check run out of hubs, as this could allow shift (in/out) RH wheel/rotor in hard turn. As well as look for rub between rotor and back plate along with oil seal behind hub.

It's been a difficult sound to find. I've gone through brakes rebuild calipers and swapped out pads and rotors in rear. I also put on 18" wheel to eliminate chance wheel was rubbing on back plate (which my bent plate was).

I will post up my findings.

Last edited:
Should note I have an 05 with 18" wheels.

Okay, since changing the #5/6 body mount bushings on a east coast cruiser is going to be quite a bitch, I’m going to write it off to preventative maintenance and replace the rear pads, rotors parking brake shoes and install the new service kit (springs pins etc) anyone who’s had that rear wheel noise due to the parking brake have any other part numbers that need to be replaced?

@2001LC or @Pucker5 any updates? I haven't gotten around to pulling the rotors yet.

99% it’s bellcrank and parking brake related. Had it up and the right side on parking brake won’t even release. I’m having the rear brakes replaced anyways and replacing parking brake/bell crank components.

I've not had time to get back to this one. But interestingly after mounting large wheels 18" and tires and driving, the LS rear also started lite squeal. Then, the more I drove the sound decreased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom