What’s that sound? Squeal from rear LX470 05 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

roadsalt

Crusty 05 LX470
SILVER Star
Threads

Can anyone help me find the source of this embarrassing sound? Only happens when driving under 10mph. Photos of my ebrake mechanism attached.

-I replaced the rotors
-The e brake lines are extremely slacked to wear the brake won’t engage
-just got a brake inspection, they didn’t see anything

IMG_7628.jpeg

IMG_7626.jpeg

For sure it’s related to a rotating part and/or a stationary part hitting the rotating part causing that abnormal sound.

Check park brake pads. Any change if you pull the park brake handle a bit while going forward?

Bent backing plate… but rotor would have to be off.
Thanks I’ll give it a try.

I can get probably squeeze a screwdriver in there from behind and give it a few whacks, no?

Thanks I’ll give it a try.

I can get probably squeeze a screwdriver in there from behind and give it a few whacks, no?

Just pull it with your hands.

By "off" I didn't mean the rotor would need to come off. I meant that the rotor isn't spinning true.

Just pull it with your hands.

By "off" I didn't mean the rotor would need to come off. I meant that the rotor isn't spinning true.
Oh got you. That were put on by a decent mechanic. I hope that isn’t the case. So I’ll pull back the plate a bit and report back. Thanks all

did you replace the e-brake shoes when you replaced the rotors? there is still a tension adjuster in there that holds the shoes close to the drum regardless of how loose you make the e-brake cable. I would guess the e-brake shoes are causing that noise.

100rearbrk.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom