Rear marker light bub replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm trying to replace the rear marker light bulbs on the LX450 and want to see if someone knows the procedure to replace them. I just did the front ones in 2mins but it seems that the rear ones require more work.

Do I need to remove the tail light assy to access the little rear marker light box and the bulb?

Any help is appreaciated, thanks!

You can go in through the outside, as is suggested above. On my LX, removing the lens took some working to get it to release as it is set down inside the cladding and had become stuck to the gasket. A small flat bladed screw driver will pry the lens off once the screws are removed.

Another easy way is to access the bulbs from the inside of the truck. Just reach inside the jack compartment (or trim panel on the right side) and release the bulb socket from the light housing. You have easy access to both bulbs.

Removing the taillights will do nothing to give you access to the marker lights.

Ok, will try that. I'm facing the same situation that you have described, tried removing the lens but the gasket and the lens are stuck. I'm trying to avoid scratching the body and further down the line some rust if I pry it with a metal tool. Did you pry the lens and the rubber or just the plastic lens?

Will try prying it with a plastic pry bar.

Just for the record, it took me 5 mins to do the rear marker light bulb replacement after getting some help here. This forum is f*%$ing amazing!

Driver side, opened the jack compartment and the lens assembly is right there. Unfortunately, the PO apparently left the jack loose and the hole where the bulb goes is bent. Don't know what happened there....Still, could fit the lamp in there and it is attached as it should.

Passenger side, I took the approach that @mingles mentioned. Assessed the bulb by unscrewing the lens from outside. Highly reccomend a plastic trim pry bar to release the gasket that sits inside the clad so chips and scratches on the body paint are avoided. Very easy job!

Both sides, have the light on now. Thanks everybody for the help! Much appreciated.

Just for the record, it took me 5 mins to do the rear marker light bulb replacement after getting some help here. This forum is f*%$ing amazing!

Driver side, opened the jack compartment and the lens assembly is right there. Unfortunately, the PO apparently left the jack loose and the hole where the bulb goes is bent. Don't know what happened there....Still, could fit the lamp in there and it is attached as it should.

Passenger side, I took the approach that @mingles mentioned. Reached the bulb by unscrewing the lens from outside. Highly reccomend a plastic trim pry bar to release the gasket that sits inside the clad so chips and scratches on the body paint are avoided. Very easy job!

Both sides, have the light on now. Thanks everybody for the help! Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom