Rear Ladder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg

Are these ladders still available from either Toyota or a vendor who made their own version?
Thanks

image.jpeg

At current ROX it should be about $100 but with our current president who knows what it will be tomorrow .... :rolleyes:

You could probably DIY for less than that but it will take some time to design etc

Mine came with one and they are something to be careful with. You really don't want to pull out and be sure to have the force downward as it can really flex the ambulance door. I mostly use the first one or two steps and stand on the spare tire.

Keep your eyes open for parting out LJ's as they usually go for $50 in these parts.

J Cruisers probably has one in Armstrong BC

Mine came with one and they are something to be careful with. You really don't want to pull out and be sure to have the force downward as it can really flex the ambulance door. I mostly use the first one or two steps and stand on the spare tire.

Keep your eyes open for parting out LJ's as they usually go for $50 in these parts.

J Cruisers probably has one in Armstrong BC
Thanks

image.jpeg

While the end result (ability to access the roofrack) is the same, there are some significant differences in the designs.
On the OEM version (I'm assuming the ladder is actually a Toyota product) the bottom rung of the ladder is much lower
(good for old folks like me), the ladder and associated brackets actually squeezes the top and bottom of the door and doesn't require any drilling into the exterior of the door.

Last edited:
Sure- the 4x4 Engineering one is definitely made for your HZJ. The JAOS is made for the new GRJ. I'm pretty sure the rear doors are identical but I'd go for the first one to be sure.

I would have thought there was enough junk to see past looking out the back of a 7* series window through the mirror without adding a ladder.
I would prefer something like this that can go in the shed for the other 51 weeks a year when its not being used.

I would have thought there was enough junk to see past looking out the back of a 7* series window through the mirror without adding a ladder.
I would prefer something like this that can go in the shed for the other 51 weeks a year when its not being used.
I exceed the rating of my door

On the 77 Series the ladder is barely visible, if at all, in the rear view mirror.

Looks great but I too am way over the limit for the rear tire carrier. I haven't looked into rear door ladders but I'm probably too heavy for those too...

I think the rear wheel carrier would take quite a load. Its got a reinforced plate on the inside plus the door skin and then the tyre carrier bracket itself with 3 bolts. The door has two hefty hinge pins and is locked with a good size catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom