Rear Heater lines T connections failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Str8Razor

SILVER Star
Threads
So our 2003 LX 470 had a failure of one of the T's that makeup for the rear heat, when I went to take it apart it crumbled, I have pics and will update the thread later but rather than replace with factory plastic would I be better off to replace with copper or maybe something else, lines looked clean inside and radiator was replaced last year due to separation of the tanks......any thoughts appreciated..
Thanks

Do your think my '98's need to be replaced?

All kidding aside, I used oem on the '04, but I'd just go with what gets you back up and running when you need it.

So our 2003 LX 470 had a failure of one of the T's that makeup for the rear heat, when I went to take it apart it crumbled, I have pics and will update the thread later but rather than replace with factory plastic would I be better off to replace with copper or maybe something else, lines looked clean inside and radiator was replaced last year due to separation of the tanks......any thoughts appreciated..
Thanks

Some folks go with aftemarket brass Ts but they are not usually the quite same size as OEM and different clamps must be used to fit. The OEM do last a long time and you can use the original clamps. So must decide on the trade offs.

Some folks go with aftemarket brass Ts but they are not usually the quite same size as OEM and different clamps must be used to fit. The OEM do last a long time and you can use the original clamps. So must decide on the trade offs.

Good info. I hope he fixed that 4 years ago.

sorry for the ignorance, but where is the "rear" heater lines located?
Look for the thread in the FAQ section and you will see where they are.

sorry for the ignorance, but where is the "rear" heater lines located?
Come up firewall and connects to smaller end of heater tees. PS is return line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom