Rear axel 1inch to the right? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just put 2inch lift rear springs in the rear of my gx i had stock 4runner springs before. after i put the new springs in i noticed that the axel was an inch to the right. not sure if it was this way before or if i should be concerned. any thoughts appreciated. thanks

As you lift the stock panhard gets shorter. Upgrade to a longer one to account for the lift.

Just curious... Is there a panhard drop bracket available? That was my go-to solution for 2nd Gen 4Runners after installing a mild lift in the rear. Procomp made one.

If they made one for 4th gen or FJs they will fit the GX, but I did an icon panhard, so don't know.

Not really unless you hear driveshaft noises

+1 for not an issue in the meantime. In fact, I never corrected mine on two 4Runners and never made a difference other than the OCD factor.

It can affect track in terms of alignment, but not majorly. Can also cause premature wear on the ujoits in the driveshaft, and possibly some wear on the pinion seal/bearing, but that is over a loooong period of time so if you plan on correcting it don't lose sleep in the meantime.

Interesting that it shifted that much over at just 2" of lift.

We sell panhard rods, $225 delivered in the US.

Agreed!

It can affect track in terms of alignment, but not majorly. Can also cause premature wear on the ujoits in the driveshaft, and possibly some wear on the pinion seal/bearing, but that is over a loooong period of time so if you plan on correcting it don't lose sleep in the meantime.
Thanks a bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom