Rack Build Update (pix) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just snapped some pix and thought I'd share :)

Some from the bottom:

safarihornupdate.JPG

safarihornupdate2.JPG

safarihornupdate3.JPG

Some from the top:

safarihornupdate4.JPG

safarihornupdate5.JPG

safarihornupdate6.JPG

One with the lights on:

safarihornupdate7.JPG

And one for those wondering wtf the mailbox is for :doh:

safarihornupdate8.JPG

Hopefully I'll get everything mounted and wired up later this week :cool:

Are those 2 black canisters for the horns? if so that is insane!

I just added two extra horns and wired them so I keep the stock ones also, I thought I was cool. :lol:

Only thing is you are taking up a lot of your storage space for jut a horn. Why not build a second level on top of the horns and get your space back. just a thought.

You had better keep your sunroof closed when you dump air through those horns..........and get some video of the poor fool in the crosswalk afront your truck :eek:

You had better keep your sunroof closed when you dump air through those horns..........and get some video of the poor fool in the crosswalk afront your truck :eek:

LOL

I still have to wear ear protection even with the windows closed :doh:

When I had them on my Previa, every passenger had a set of folding earmuffs :lol:

Anyhoo, I just finished routing all the wires to the rear outlet where they will be connected to relays in the mailbox :cool:

racklightingwiring.JPG

racklightingwiring2.JPG

racklightingwiring3.JPG

looks cool, don't go off camber :)

I see you are making sure you still have the sunroof escape route, eh...?

why do you hate quiet? Are you scared of the dark? :flipoff2: Rack looks awesome I love quink-n-easy brakets.

I see you are making sure you still have the sunroof escape route, eh...?

Yep :)

moonroof opening was a must, but I still wanted the look of a full rack :cool:

why do you hate quiet? Are you scared of the dark? :flipoff2: Rack looks awesome I love quink-n-easy brakets.

Hehe, with all the yahoos on the road today, a good blast from a train horn is all they need to straighten up :cool:

Gotta blind them with the lights so they don't get my plate number after I deafen them ;)

there was this time where I installed a (not as powerful as this) powerful horn on an old Scout I had. All I could find in a junkyard after the OEM conked out. It was loud. One time, I was parked on the side of the street and somebody did something, forgot what, so I hit the horn. Everybody on the sidewalk jumped up, including a poor little old lady who was just next to the truck. I had visions of her having a heart attack right there and dying on the sidewalk and felt so bad I took the horn out...

You sure you want the trumpets to blast over the sunroof glass? Won't that bring sound into the cabin area even with it being closed? Just curious....

there was this time where I installed a (not as powerful as this) powerful horn on an old Scout I had. All I could find in a junkyard after the OEM conked out. It was loud. One time, I was parked on the side of the street and somebody did something, forgot what, so I hit the horn. Everybody on the sidewalk jumped up, including a poor little old lady who was just next to the truck. I had visions of her having a heart attack right there and dying on the sidewalk and felt so bad I took the horn out...

When I first got them a while back, I was a bit of a terror on the streets :doh:

I'd honk at anyone except for old folks and small children :whoops:

Then one thanksgiving day, I was heading to my mom's house from the shop and decided to take the long route that leads through a place we call cracktown (local ghetto area)

Saw a bunch of people standing behind a box truck and decided to give them all a blast as I drove by :idea:

Not knowing that the truck was there for a turkey day charity food drive :eek:

I made about 5 people standing in line drop their trays of food :whoops:

I felt so bad after that day that I now only use the big guns on people who deserve it :flipoff2:

You sure you want the trumpets to blast over the sunroof glass? Won't that bring sound into the cabin area even with it being closed? Just curious....

Doesn't matter where I mount them, you'll still be able to hear them over the loudest volume setting on the radio with the windows up and the moonroof closed lol

They're just THAT loud!! :eek:

When I first got them a while back, I was a bit of a terror on the streets :doh:

I'd honk at anyone except for old folks and small children :whoops:

Then one thanksgiving day, I was heading to my mom's house from the shop and decided to take the long route that leads through a place we call cracktown (local ghetto area)

Saw a bunch of people standing behind a box truck and decided to give them all a blast as I drove by :idea:

Not knowing that the truck was there for a turkey day charity food drive :eek:

I made about 5 people standing in line drop their trays of food :whoops:

I felt so bad after that day that I now only use the big guns on people who deserve it :flipoff2:

Doesn't matter where I mount them, you'll still be able to hear them over the loudest volume setting on the radio with the windows up and the moonroof closed lol

They're just THAT loud!! :eek:

Too cool! I had a set on a Cherokee years ago and had a manual control valve in the cab. I could open the air to them and make them sing!

Looks great nice work!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom