Rack Build Update (pix) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweeeeeeet.

Nice work.

What kind of air pump is that?

and why are you using so many relays (I think thats what they are)

Is it a combination of this horn wth that horn thing. The relays run the valves?

Sweeeeeeet.

Nice work.

What kind of air pump is that?

and why are you using so many relays (I think thats what they are)

Is it a combination of this horn wth that horn thing. The relays run the valves?

Thanx :)

It's a ViAir 450C

As for the relays:

1) Front Lights

2) Rear Lights

3) Side Lights

4) Air Compressor relay control (separate from the pressure switch relay)

5) Air Solenoid Activation

6) Extra for future accessory use (perhaps a tennis ball canon or a turret mounted paintball gun lol)

Should be all done later today after I mount another set of lights on the front bumper :cool:

Around these parts we don't shoot tennis balls......we use potatoes in our cannons.
do some searching for spud guns...........there is a pretty cool air operated version that shoots spuds at an alarming velocity.

The relays are probably solenoids to operate the horns.

The wiring and plumbing are top notch. Very clean work. How much does a set-up like this cost with the HB4H horns? I would love to hide a set of those behind my ARB!

I have horn -envy.

dayyyum!
thaat's awesome.

amazing install, i dont care about the horn but amazing install

Around these parts we don't shoot tennis balls......we use potatoes in our cannons.
do some searching for spud guns...........there is a pretty cool air operated version that shoots spuds at an alarming velocity.

Hehe

Been there, done that ;)

spudgun1.JPG

spudgun4.JPG

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2761027275772754271

Thing is, a spud won't last very long in the pipe and will probably be rotten by the time I actually used it :doh:

Tennis ball or paintball will be ready at any given time :cool:

Hell, maybe even a tube full of glitter for those tailgating pricks :idea:

The wiring and plumbing are top notch. Very clean work. How much does a set-up like this cost with the HB4H horns? I would love to hide a set of those behind my ARB!

Thanx man :)

You can get an HB4H set with solenoid for about $100 bucks, but then you'll have to add a compressor and tank...

Dollar for dollar, the HB4H set is probably the loudest horns you can get for such a low price :)

Amazing set of horns, but authentic locomotive horns like Nathan and Leslie are on another level :eek:

You won't be able to tell the difference up close since either will be deafening, but you can definitely hear the difference when you're standing a mile away :cool:

Spent about an hour last night wiring up the switches and a couple more relays and everything works as it should :cool:

Just have to mount a spare set of lights on the front bumper (contemplating the position), but I'll post some final pix in a little while....

Rick

OK, here are some finished pix of the wiring :cool:

Installed an old Rear Heater switch from my 91 FJ80 to control the horn toggle....

When switched on "LO", the stock horns sound off when the horn button is pushed....

When switched on "HI", the big guns on the roof sound off when the horn button is pushed....

And to top it off, the train horns are also wired to the alarm (can you say "PANIC BUTTON"? lol)

fzjwiringdone.JPG

fzjwiringdone2.JPG

Four Toyota Foglight switches in the console control the lights...

1) Bumper Lights

2) Front Rack Lights

3) Side Rack Lights

4) Rear Rack Lights

fzjwiringdone3.JPG

fzjwiringdone4.JPG

fzjwiringdone6.JPG

Shot of the OBA and horns while standing on the rack....

Added some screens to the chimes cause I'll be driving to West Palm Beach today and we're in the middle of lovebug season :eek:

fzjwiringdone5.JPG

Installed a Hazard light switch from my 91 FJ80 to control the compressor relay....

Didn't care for the red color, but it's backlit and looks pretty cool at night...

The compressor is still controlled by a pressure switch in the mailbox, so it will automagically shut off at 150psi....

fzjwiringdone7.JPG

fzjwiringdone8.JPG

And here are a few exterior shots :cool:

fzjwiringdone9.JPG

fzjwiringdone10.JPG

fzjwiringdone11.JPG

fzjwiringdone12.JPG

fzjwiringdone13.JPG

fzjwiringdone14.JPG

fzjwiringdone15.JPG

fzjwiringdone16.JPG

Impressive!

You should try and mount up cowcatcher on the front, and a train knuckle connector on the back for fun. :p

What a great install! Very nice.

Impressive!

You should try and mount up cowcatcher on the front, and a train knuckle connector on the back for fun. :p

LOL

Maybe even get the knuckle coupler to open and close with the brake lights :idea:

Actually, I've been thinking about a steam whistle ;)

Anyhoo, here's just another reason why I HATE Florida with a f#cking passion :mad:

LOVEBUGS!!!

fzjlovebugs.JPG

fzjlovebugs2.JPG

fzjlovebugs3.JPG

fzjlovebugs4.JPG

fzjlovebugs5.JPG

fzjlovebugs6.JPG

All that from a short drive to Palm Beach :eek:

Oh well, here are a couple poser shots in the trench next to the house :cool:

fzjlovebugs7.JPG

fzjlovebugs8.JPG

A couple after I painted the hubcaps earlier today...

fzjlovebugs9.JPG

fzjlovebugs10.JPG

Shot of the compressor/hazard switch while illuminated (also controlled by the dimmer switch)

fzjlovebugs11.JPG

And some blinding night shots in front of the shop...

fzjlovebugs12.JPG

fzjlovebugs13.JPG

Next mod will be a custom bull bar welded to the OEM bumper....

I know how that sounds, but I really just want sumthin to help protect the headlamps from branches and a place to mount my limbriser cables :doh:

Did that fraggle on your hood leave a dent?

I don't know about other years but the hood on my 93 is so thin that a big cat would dent it.

How long did it take you to inflate the tub toys?

how did you get power enough power to all those lights? are they run at full britness? did you have to get a upgraded alternator? could you run them with the engine off for very long?

98 SNAKE EATER, I've really enjoyed your thread. I'm impressed with the rack/light/horn/air compressor combo, very ingenius. Your cruiser looks as packed as mine when I take the 5 kids on any trips. Enjoy them while they are young, they grow up too fast. Thanks

Your interior looks so comfortable! I am jealous!

So those are Quik-n-Easy mounts? I just called them yesterday and they said they discontinued the 4" low profile mounts cause they were too expensive to produce. Looks good!

Did that fraggle on your hood leave a dent?

I don't know about other years but the hood on my 93 is so thin that a big cat would dent it.

How long did it take you to inflate the tub toys?

The 3 little ones jump up and down on it all day long without issue :cool:

The 3 older ones would probably leave a good dent though :doh:

Took about 4 minutes to inflate all 3 pool toys....

It was actually quite instant, but I had to regulate the flow to avoid popping them :doh:

how did you get power enough power to all those lights? are they run at full britness? did you have to get a upgraded alternator? could you run them with the engine off for very long?

Each pair of lights have their own relay that's wired to a fuse block in the mailbox which is fed by 2Ga. power cable....

Like with any lights, the more power you feed them, the brighter they get, but these don't draw as much as you think....

If I run a pair and instantly turn on the rest, I don't notice any drop in lighting :cool:

However, there is a mild drop for a split second when the air compressor kicks on, but then they instantly go back full brightness....

98 SNAKE EATER, I've really enjoyed your thread. I'm impressed with the rack/light/horn/air compressor combo, very ingenius. Your cruiser looks as packed as mine when I take the 5 kids on any trips. Enjoy them while they are young, they grow up too fast. Thanks

Thanx man :)

We have 6 of these little runts and we can't believe how fast they're growing :eek:

Your interior looks so comfortable! I am jealous!

So those are Quik-n-Easy mounts? I just called them yesterday and they said they discontinued the 4" low profile mounts cause they were too expensive to produce. Looks good!

Yeah, the kids actually rather sit in it and watch DVD's on the little 8" screen than in the house with a big screen :lol:

I got the 4" mounts off EBay and the seller has more in stock :cool:

PM me for details

Rick

Beautiful install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom