Questions to ask PO after buying FZJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 96 LX 450 over spring break and haven't driven it much due to my HCV looking pretty crusty...
Anyways, I've managed to get ahold of the 2nd owner who has owned it since 150k miles (truck currently has about 220k).
Thinking of asking a maintenance questions below, if there's any important ones I'm forgetting let me know!

-Head Gasket
-Knuckle Rebuild?
-Radiator change?

Yeah, I would just ask for anything and everything he can remember.

Ask for receipts, people lie, receipts don't. If there is no receipt to back it up than assume it wasn't done unless it is something like brake pads you can visually check.

96eighty, If you take your truck to your local Toyota dealership they can input your trucks vin number into their computer system, and print you out a copy of any, and all work done to your truck, no matter what Toyota dealership did the work. Along with that idea, if you get a copy of your trucks car fax, it can include other maintenance info, such as emission tests dates, and mileage, along with where, and what state they were done in.​

AFTER buying, I just wanted to yell at the PO. I didn't have any questions.

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 96 LX 450 over spring break and haven't driven it much due to my HCV looking pretty crusty...
Anyways, I've managed to get ahold of the 2nd owner who has owned it since 150k miles (truck currently has about 220k).
Thinking of asking a maintenance questions below, if there's any important ones I'm forgetting let me know!

-Head Gasket
-Knuckle Rebuild?
-Radiator change?
Just a thought but shouldn’t ask the questions “before” you buy the truck.

most of it has been said already, if you want to ask for spare parts or any maintenance which needs to be done (there is a sounds at xx mph or I was suppose to change wires and spark plugs, but i couldn't afford the wires so i just did the plugs etc)

What's the story?:oops:

I knew I was getting a project but there was a lot more than I thought. And the rust...oh, the rust never ends.

Post some pics, I can tell just from those along others on here if those item need servicing.

I knew I was getting a project but there was a lot more than I thought. And the rust...oh, the rust never ends.
Rust is always the worst part of a cruiser. 19x worse than putting in a new motor or a thoroughly trashed interior. They can be fixed.

ih8rust 👊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom