Questions about power steering leaking in reservoir. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would a leaky cap or leaking reservoir cause foam or frothy PS fluid? My PS whines like crazy n froths up, I replaced the cap, but I’m still getting some kind of leak from the reservoir, I put white tap around the upper o ring lip and doesn’t appear to be leaking from there, I think it might be leaking from the seams on the bottom and the side, any way to fix this, maybe re-solder the seams? Or just replace the reservoir? Also would those areas cause air to enter the system? The hoses look fairly new, so I’m really suspecting the reservoir or possible o-ring at suction port.

Would a leaky cap or leaking reservoir cause foam or frothy PS fluid?
Yes. Anywhere air can get in will produce the froth. It's all vacuum between the bottom of the res and pump output.
I think it might be leaking from the seams on the bottom and the side, any way to fix this, maybe re-solder the seams? Or just replace the reservoir? Also would those areas cause air to enter the system?
Yes and yes. My res bubbles on the outside at that same seam, tho I'm not suffering froth. Not yet anyway. Regardless, no whine since replacing the pump and rebuilding the box.
But it is inevitable that the res will be replaced in my case.
Possible fix if you can re-weld that outside seam tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom