Question about recurve ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to know that information as well. My pig, Bucky, has a bad primary vac pot. Right now it's just running mechanical advance with a little boost from the secondary diaphragm. I'd like to source a new vac pot one way or another.
As I said, he can’t rebuild the pots unless he gets enough folks needing it to help fund the tooling he’d need to rebuild them. He explained at length in the vacuum advance thread, (I can find) that he really doesn’t believe our distributors need a two port system. I do know Jim I believe responded he feels otherwise.

The two port system is there to support the HAC system. So I'd think for those of us living in low elevation who rarely if ever see high elevation we'd be fine with a single diaphragm. But maybe there is some other condition it becomes active at I don't know about.

@distributorguy, Jeff can recurve but no vac adv pot rebuilds. @FJ60Cam i ‘think’ was going to have him put a non oem vac adv single diaphragm on his. I’m curious myself if that went well?
I've engineered a simple modification to a Toyota non-Land Cruiser single diaphragm advancer that has an almost identical vacuum advance curve to the FJ60 distributor's main diaphragm. I've got quite a few of these new NipponDenso advancers available, posted in the For Sale forum:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom