Purist Step away. Mint 400 2023 FJ45 (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little Vanna White sponsership!!

62512816-1822-4E3D-A317-1B5438B49758.png

Finished cutting and fine tuning the new door bars for the next race. I had everything pre approved so we shouldn't have anymore issues with the cage during tech inspection.

20230628_145432.jpg

20230628_152314.jpg

20230628_152324.jpg

It's Offical

Class 1300 (4)​

7319 Rob Tygart
1389 Jason Wagstaff
1398 Richard Woods
1395 Daniel Rambert

Let's do this. Loaded and pulling out in the morning. 3 1/2 mile course. 8 laps in an hour. We're looking to just have fun and finish 😁

20230705_144925.jpg

20230705_144936.jpg

Yesterday was Awesome. We finished unofficially 6th. The 45 ran great. After pre running we had the shocks tuned and what a difference. Our best lap time was 7 minutes 54 seconds.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

This sure looks cool! Congrats! But not being a racing person I need some help 😂: what is the scoring scheme? why different numbers of laps? Why is your rig’s number (7319) quite different than the others (1300’s)?

This sure looks cool! Congrats! But not being a racing person I need some help 😂: what is the scoring scheme? why different numbers of laps? Why is your rig’s number (7319) quite different than the others (1300’s)?
7319 because I didn't want to change my number. 1300 class is a sportsman class. Scoring number of laps over 2 days.we did a total of 12 laps. 4th place only did 10 and so on

7319 because I didn't want to change my number. 1300 class is a sportsman class. Scoring number of laps over 2 days.

Race Re-cap : Saturday morning we got to run our pre run lap, after lining up the green flag dropped Josh and I had worked out a race plan. We would run in low range from start through the motorcycle course once we hit the long straight away I would put the T case back in high gear and push it. Coming into the Stadium course there was a sharp right turn at that point we would shift back into low range, This allowed me to keep the engine at a higher RPM and gave us more control in the corners, mud and sand. We didnt finish our qualifing lap a jeep rolled half way through the course. We were getting alot of body roll Henry Luschei and I talked to the shock guys and they re tunded the shocks 30 percent stiffer ( Worked out perfecr ) Scott White . Henry and Mike Florian got them back on. Saturday afternoon we lined up in the back of the pack. We were pumped and ready for the start. The green flag dropped and we were off. The 45 was running great and Josh was calling out the turn markers and REDUCE REDUCE REDUCE ( his way of saying slow the F%#k down ) if I was coming in to hot or we had a sharp curve. I didn't talk much and he kept me relaxed and focused. Mat and Mikey were staged at the Start/Finish calling out our laps and times. Push it Buddy Push it With each lap we got faster gaining over a minute overall. We got 6 solid laps our fastest lap 7:57. Back at camp everyone was pumped. The 45 was running warm. Wendy and Andie started dinner It was Amaizing. Smiles and a few beers later we went over the 45 and everything looked solid. Sunday. We lined up in the rear again. Andie Spitzer Fraiser and I had a breifing on what to expect. Turn signs, cautions, slow turns. Relax and lets have fun. We were off. I felt better and we were hitting the lower jumps faster and pushing the 45. It was Epic and hard to put into words. Our fastest lap time was 7:48 As we rolled around to go back to camp everyone was telling me to stop and back up pointing at the podium ? I told Andie thats cool they let everyone do some poser shots. We pulled up and they we yelling get out so we did. I stood up in the bed Hell Yeah. Then I was asked to do an interview. Thats really cool they want us to feel the whole experance. ( Honestly I had no idea ) Back at camp it was an hour later when Scott looked up the results. We got 3rd place. Holy Crap WOW then some fellow racers stopped by Congrats Dude we knew you were a sleeper. Thats when I got the nickname " In the way Rob " I want to Thank everyone for all the Love and Support. Cameron Reece and Christian Reece for the invite, Justin Reece and Kelly Adams Reece for planting the seed. Seems like yesterday I was with Kurt Williams driving back and forth from remote pits just to hold a Stop sign LOL Our pit crew and the Rusty Nail Family and of course Wendy Tygart for letting me chase my dream, There are so many stories and memories. We can save those for around the campfire. And our Sponsors Valley Hybrids, Crusier Outfitters, Classic Cruisers, Bowfin Cruisers, Summit steel and Koritas tire

359335412_18374632540049860_2158035618802954513_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom