FJ45 Shorty restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working a project posted at Builds - 1963 FJ45 SWB in Cavalry Blue - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1963-fj45-swb-in-cavalry-blue.1335059/#post-15409691 and looking for advice on sources for old parts.
Right now looking for upper inside cab panels that add insulation and support for split rear window gaskets. Only reference I have is from this picture item J and K.
1711474791961.png

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Last edited:
They’re just thin masonite-type panels that are bent (corners, back piece is flat) and screwed in place with M3 self-tapping type screws. No real structural component, and there isn’t anything insulation-wise under it.

Yes those are pics of ozcrusier’s rig, my doesn’t have them, long gone. If you click the link button next to his name you’ll go to the actual post in my build. You can scroll/search around to find a few more posts about these panels, but really not much more info.

one of my pickups im running no panels the other has a carpet lined panel built to wrap like the original textured panel. i can post pics later on but as @middlecalf said there is zero structure to them. it is basically a masonite door panel thats screwed in place.

feom the small piece left in my truck that i assume would be original it has a slight texture to it like orange peel. the closest thing i can thijk would be FRP board or masonite and there is a paintable wallpaper that has an orange peel texture to it. put sound deading behind it on the cab and cover with whatever option you feel fits best

Gotta another question. This project is a puzzle that we are reassembling, and I am unsure of the front window wings and how they are fastened in place. Any coaching is appreciated. Is there a pivot pin somewhere?
1712094748034.png

They pivot on the rear gasket. More info here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom