1978 4WD ARTICLE/FJ45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

groundeater

...ordinary birdbrain 🤣
SILVER Star
Threads
1706066795463.jpeg

1706066870695.jpeg

1706067032981.jpeg

Hoarded this article fer awhile...

I actually ended up with the bed from this 45!! About 13 years ago I found an ad for an fj45 bed in Northern California. I went to get it and upon closer inspection it had a few interesting modifications! I had seen This magazine as I have been collecting any mag that had a 45 in it for almost 30 years. After seeing roll bar mounts, wheel flares and the custom top bed rail wood work and the dune beige paint, I connected the dots!!! Turns out a buddy had a 77 canadien 45 that suffered a cab fire and the only thing salvaged was the bed. The guy selling the bed had a us 67 45( ended up buying it about 5 years later!!!) so thats why his friend gave him tge bed as a spare! Crazy but true story! One more confirmation how small the 45 world is!!

I actually ended up with the bed from this 45!! About 13 years ago I found an ad for an fj45 bed in Northern California. I went to get it and upon closer inspection it had a few interesting modifications! I had seen This magazine as I have been collecting any mag that had a 45 in it for almost 30 years. After seeing roll bar mounts, wheel flares and the custom top bed rail wood work and the dune beige paint, I connected the dots!!! Turns out a buddy had a 77 canadien 45 that suffered a cab fire and the only thing salvaged was the bed. The guy selling the bed had a us 67 45( ended up buying it about 5 years later!!!) so thats why his friend gave him tge bed as a spare! Crazy but true story! One more confirmation how small the 45 world is!!
💥WoW💥 whitey it’s crazy that l found this out in my garage and decided to post it today ! You’re right, (small world) and just as the article states:

“...seeing one of these ‘45’s in the U.S. is comparable to seeing a whooping Crane !”

FJ45 to the Bone ! 👍🏻
1706075474148.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom