Purchased A BJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
i just purchased a mint Bj 43 and look forward to the drive South of the Border on Monday. I can't wait to install an ARB bumber and Warn 8274-50 winch. Need to do some research as I want some black wheels with 35s but not sure what gearing It came with and how strong the stock axles are?!

I plan on wheeling her up in Northern Ontario:)

P
Bj43 side.jpg

Nice rig!
Well considering it has a 2B or 3B, you won't be breaking axles like a high hp motor does.
It's even LHD...where is it from originally?

It's heading back home to Canada:) Not sure what province it was from but its new home will be in Northern Ontario:)

More pics as I get them and thanks for the welcome:)

P
Intrerior.jpg

let me be the first to tell you, you are fxxxing nutz to do any wheeling or mods to such a beautiful rig.
that is the RARE of the rare buddy,

yah, yah it is your truck and your money but the Cruiser Gods are going to be pissed with your plans.

suggestion, use that as a DD and a sunny sunday ride and buy a beater for in the bush.

you are bring tears to an old farts eyes with plans like that.

Have the heat and air covered with Vintage air:) Yes we are going to use the thing and no those wheels are not staying on the cruiser. Please let me know where I can purchase some steel wheels for the beast:)

PS Im not worried about driving this in the trails as our 2008 Porsche twin turbo is used as a daily and has its winter tires on ready to rip:):flipoff2:

Perry

The guy you bought it from mentioned in his ad that he had the original steel wheels as well...hopefully he's throwing them in with the deal....?

And I second crushers statement...'cept I'm not really an old fart yet...

-Ferg-

Will ask for the steel wheels when I see him on Monday:) Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

P

Porche owner?
Well, this unit will be like night and day in the maintenance dept.
have fun.

One of my college professors is the one who restored this, mighty fine job he did. He was awful proud of it. You got a nicer vehicle than he does now :flipoff2:

i installed a vintage air system on the last custom build i did, less than impressed with the quality and fit.

you are missing the point.

a 2008 Porche is an expensive playtoy that can be replaced. big deal. you bust it up and you take the insurance money, walk down to the local porche dealer and pick up another. :rolleyes:

this is NOT replacable, it is RARE. that is the difference. it is like a family heirloom that has been handed down from generation to generation and there is nothing like it left in the world.
then some punk comes along and uses it as a temporary playtoy and destroys it.
yah, it is his and he has the right to do what he wants...
but it doesn't make any sense to someone that see the ACTUAL TRUE VALUE of it past the $$$ value.

i am pleading with you to rethink your plans.

Have the heat and air covered with Vintage air:) Yes we are going to use the thing and no those wheels are not staying on the cruiser. Please let me know where I can purchase some steel wheels for the beast:)

PS Im not worried about driving this in the trails as our 2008 Porsche twin turbo is used as a daily and has its winter tires on ready to rip:):flipoff2:

Perry

tell you what, to save that girl from the chopping block:
(in otherwords to put my money where my mouth is)
on your way back up stop in and i will trade you a 1987 BJ70 ragtop with 22,000 original km for it straight across. this truck is appraised at $35K.

i can pick up another ragtop but i can not find another one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom