Mounting A/C afterwards? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friends,

I have a poverty pack 80-series with the 1HZ engine. 280000 km since 1991. Since it has exactly zero accessories the main thing I miss is A/C in the summers. Otherwise it’s perfect. Does someone know someone that have a thread or have experience in mounting it afterwards? Is everything behind the dash just to fit in electrical wise for example? The compressor and condensor for the engine bay is possible to buy such as the hoses needed.

Does someone know something about this?

Thanks!

IMG_2374.jpeg

My 1985 Hj60 did not come with AC, so I had to source everything to install it. All of the electrical plugs were all on the existing wire harness (under the dash and in the engine bay near where the compressor would go). As well as all of the bolt holes needed to mount ducting, evap box, compressor mounting bracket etc…. I would bet money that you have the same setup on yours with everything ready to mount an OEM AC system. You just need to source the entire AC system from a used/wrecked 80 with the proper compressor/compressor mounting bracket that goes with your 1HZ engine type and all the AC hoses with the used AC system out of another 80 should all work.

Along with the complete AC system from a wrecked HJ60, I just bought a new condenser, evap coil, and dryer all made by DENSO (OEM equivalent) all of which should be readily available off the internet. Then just fill it with Freon gas and you should be good with cold AC in the summers!

My 1985 Hj60 did not come with AC, so I had to source everything to install it. All of the electrical plugs were all on the existing wire harness (under the dash and in the engine bay near where the compressor would go). As well as all of the bolt holes needed to mount ducting, evap box, compressor mounting bracket etc…. I would bet money that you have the same setup on yours with everything ready to mount an OEM AC system. You just need to source the entire AC system from a used/wrecked 80 with the proper compressor/compressor mounting bracket that goes with your 1HZ engine type and all the AC hoses with the used AC system out of another 80 should all work.

Along with the complete AC system from a wrecked HJ60, I just bought a new condenser, evap coil, and dryer all made by DENSO (OEM equivalent) all of which should be readily available off the internet. Then just fill it with Freon gas and you should be good with cold AC in the summers!
Thank you for the motivation @Aloha Jen. I will take a proper look in the engine bay and see if I can find any connectors matching what might look like an aircon compressor-connector!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom