Projecting, tinkering, fiddle-farting around: whatcha building? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DRANGED

Adulting: "But after this week, it'll get easier."
SILVER Star
Threads
I think it's fair to say this community is full of clever people who tinker, build, project and just plain accomplish (whether by necessity, hobby, or even just filling some time). Let's have a thread for sharing your projects and offering suggestions and experiences!

Many of us probably have a growing list of projects and a workbench full of hopes and dreams. Typically more in than out and last-in-first out supercedes the "cooler" projects deeper in the pile, yet we still get stuff made/done/repaired. Lets share some of those accomplishments for all to see, marvel at, critique, awe and appreciate!

Here was a quick repair for a floppy Ikea chair that's been sketchy for... a few years.

initial, version 1.0: inadequate initial quick fix, with some titebond3:
1578328441921.png

We had people over last night so the impetus was laid and the "planned" other fix had to happen. I'd call this part of my '30-min projecting' series :rofl: (although it was more like 45 start to finish ;)
1578328387348.png
1578328399869.png

1578328457897.png

Had an oil pump cover plate adapter for a remote filter that had clearance issues with the crankshaft pulley. Faced the plate down a bit and countersunk the fastener and everything is good now.
MillingCollage 001.jpg

I've been planning this bookshelf for 3.5 years, but today was the day I got it all together!
It's so rewarding going from paper to product!

1578603991799.png
1578604035341.png
1578604054492.png
1578604083422.png
1578604187960.png

Oh, and I've never heard of "fiddle-farting" before. I always heard "bumble-dicking and fumble-farting"... Guess it's a regional thing. :happy:

Oh, and I've never heard of "fiddle-farting" before. I always heard "bumble-dicking and fumble-farting"... Guess it's a regional thing. :happy:
Or a portmanteau of farting around and fiddle-fvçking 😆

But surely regionality plays in too 👍

Last edited:
Buddy got himself a plasma cutting table, so I put together a 2d cad file and took it along with some scrap aluminum from another project to have some new house numbers made up. Cut a piece of wood to size, routed edges, sanded, stained, and finished before sticking the numbers on with some construction adhesive. Looks much better than the old hardware store numbers that were there previously.

FB_IMG_1578791488105.jpg

FB_IMG_1578791496688.jpg

Buddy got himself a plasma cutting table, so I put together a 2d cad file and took it along with some scrap aluminum from another project to have some new house numbers made up. Cut a piece of wood to size, routed edges, sanded, stained, and finished before sticking the numbers on with some construction adhesive. Looks much better than the old hardware store numbers that were there previously.

View attachment 2179696

View attachment 2179697
That's awesome!! I totally dig the font too!!!
CAD and plasma cutters are awesome!!!!!
(have much want for them :cool:)

Been invited to share my homemade junk. :D:D Made these nightstands for my bride. Still need fill some cracks and stain them.
672121E4-9C87-486D-A362-0D0DFE42583E.jpeg

Been invited to share my homemade junk. :D:D Made these nightstands for my bride. Still need fill some cracks and stain them. View attachment 2179720
wait!!
is that an old-skewl screen projector on the wall?! Way better for movie night than a wall-mounted 'always there' TV!! :cool:
Right on!!!

sweet night stands too. How about that caster thingie on the right with yer wedding pic on it?

wait!!
is that an old-skewl screen projector on the wall?! Way better for movie night than a wall-mounted 'always there' TV!! :cool:
Right on!!!

sweet night stands too. How about that caster thingie on the right with yer wedding pic on it?
Yup, no tv here except for the NES. That’s a coffee table I built years ago. I was trying to make it look like an old warehouse cart.
A6462BA0-A7A9-46EE-9F6F-AB567DB0EA15.jpeg
E04E1250-FFED-45AA-962E-77F683C99C17.jpeg

Fiddle farting was my major.
I just did some to day.
One of my to do projects for this spring is make an electric opener for the swing out doors on my work shop.
Have to wait for spring because I have to take the door off and rehang it.
I hit with the cruiser when pulling it in the garage and the wind blew the door shut on me and now it doesn't close easy.
Also planning on redoing the automatic gate opener.
The wind is the culprit again except I didn't have anything to do with it.
Sad to say there have been some new houses built out my way and despite the private drive sign I tend to get people coming down it thinking my driveway is a public dirt road.

We do have that, but that’s Mario.

F53CFCE8-8CEE-4BCB-BFFC-DE28D60CBF2B.jpeg

Making parts when they're no longer available from other sources.

0113201547-00.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom