Builds Project Rehab (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Almost time to put tires to asphalt. Driveshafts installed, put on jack stands and tested going through the gears.

Initial start up the steering wheel was going haywire and fuild went everywhere. I had the power steering lines crossed 🤦🏾‍♂️

Fixed and all good. Start up, reverse, stop, drive, stop, turn off. It's a little stiff going into first gear. Think I need to mess with the alignment of the shift cable.

Ok MUD family. Let's get the serious things out the way first. So, I haven't posted in two weeks because last week I had a heart attack. I caught it super early, called a co-worker to take me to the ER, and I was actually having a heart attack. Stayed in the hospital for about a week, and was released on Friday. I don't want this who forum to be talking about that, because this is a fun build page. I'm fine and good to go 👍🏽.

Ok, that's out the way. So Monday (Apr 8th) I arranged for the LC to be towed the muffler shop to get an exhaust. The tow truck came, and I was excited to drive the LC under its own steam onto the tow bed, and he tells me "put it in neutral and he'll winch it up" 😡. The shifter is a bit tight because my shifter cable isn't 100% aligned with the shifter on the transmission. I put it in neutral, but my tires are still locked 🤔. The tow driver gets under the to watch while I shift but the shifting cable isn't moving 🤬. We manually put it into neutral, and winch it on to the tow truck.

Get to the muffler shop, tell them how ill like the exhaust routed, but allowed them to do what they thought is best. Also while they were at it, if they can look at my shift cable. Exhaust came out nice and sounds good 😁, but the shift cable snapped in half. So bought a new cable and they aligned it perfectly to the transmission.

734388556.jpg

Don't buy your cable from Amazon. Use O'Reilly or something like that.

A moment ago, I wanted to make a video to listen to the exhaust and a quick drive up the block. Went to make a three point turn and the power steering lines exploded 🤦🏾‍♂️😅. . .its always something.
20240415_143937.jpg
20240415_143930.jpg

Any recommendations for high pressure power steering hoses? I want to think the I had was 300 psi. If 300 psi is good enough, it may of been weak from "forcing" the AN fitting on.

Finished up the sound deadening this afternoon. Over the past week sprayed Lizard Skin sound deadening and ceramic insulation in the LC.
20240417_132925.jpg
20240419_094333.jpg

Then rolled on some MAT66 ProBlack car sound deadening mat.
20240422_173820.jpg
20240422_173848.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom