Builds Project Pikachu: 1977 FJ40 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Headed to our local lumber yard in Woodland Park to snag some wood for a project today. The weather’s getting nice in Colorado.
E6A790B2-EE46-4985-9565-589F218BCA59.jpeg

Love Woodland Park. Awesome pics Carson...

Yesterday, my son and dog and I loaded up in Pikachu and followed some friends (with Jeeps) up to Taylor Park Reservoir and Italian Creek. It was a really great day of 4x4 trails, hiking, and exploring. 250 miles all in total. We stopped at the creek several times and dipped our feet into the cool, crisp snowmelt water.

The 40 ran great. My son had a blast and we were totally wiped out by the day’s end. We nearly camped out, and I’m glad we didn’t. This area got a bunch of late season snow last night. We even got 5” here in Divide.
3806C6D6-83F4-46BD-9635-EE6365420B12.jpeg

DDE52611-07AC-4DF9-A341-EA25EF9B22E4.jpeg

6E883E28-2C32-4DC5-AE73-B60469686E2A.jpeg

69728BC1-714E-466C-AF39-C7FB9F191807.jpeg

I'm so glad that your son (and you) is there rather than in the metroplex. What a place to grow up.

Woodland Park, Steamboat and Glenwood Springs are on my short list of places I'm moving to...soon. Of course I wouldn't rule out Montrose either.

Epic times! Making me miss home! Exactly what you are supposed to do with a land cruiser, build memories.

Looks like a fun trip! Glad you didnt camp out. It got cold up here.

Awsome!! Future 40 owner in the making!

Love it. Looks like a great little stream to float a fly for bookies or cutties.

Our local pub, McGinty’s, is finally back open for business, so we had a boys night and split a big order of buffalo wings. Of course, he wanted to take the 40, and it was a perfect night to fire up the ole 2F.

We took the slow way home.
8B0C226D-6B89-4A16-AD54-C36ACC2E83F2.jpeg

The mut heard us in the distance and came barreling down a ridge to meet us. A boy and his dog.
A3C06113-2940-4595-A246-C69E94255BF2.jpeg

I sometimes think about what I’d be doing at this very moment if I’d stayed in Dallas, married to that corporate job I’d grown to hate. There’s only one life, and you have to live it.

Our local pub, McGinty’s, is finally back open for business, so we had a boys night and split a big order of buffalo wings. Of course, he wanted to take the 40, and it was a perfect night to fire up the ole 2F.

We took the slow way home.
View attachment 2337235
The mut heard us in the distance and came barreling down a ridge to meet us. A boy and his dog.
View attachment 2337234
I sometimes think about what I’d be doing at this very moment if I’d stayed in Dallas, married to that corporate job I’d grown to hate. There’s only one life, and you have to live it.

That is funny. I should say, though, that we always enjoyed Dallas. Met many outstanding folks there. It’s just the rat race that wore me out: watching my company of 20 years evolve into another greedy, top-line revenue worshipping machine that stopped valuing its people.

Hitting the stop button and going back Colorado has been healthy beyond belief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom