Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the latest work. I finished making and installing the FJ35 front fender mounted turn signals, bought the FJ35 repop front bumper and am currently tooling it, got all of my chrome parts back from the plater, up graded the jail bars and have all of the glass in my garage ready to cut.

IMG_20210313_162130266_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210217_182234448.jpg

View attachment 2613320

I decided to sleeve the 1/2" steel jail bars I made with 5/8" nickel plated brass bars. I really like the bigger diameter.
How did you mount these into the body Gene? Did you drill and tap holes or just use some self tappers?

I’m going to have to come see this in person sometime, to try to template for the 28.

IMG_20210311_163000952~2.jpg

Made myself some masonite door panels and am currently looking for a custom upholsterer.

How did you mount these into the body Gene? Did you drill and tap holes or just use some self tappers?

I’m going to have to come see this in person sometime, to try to template for the 28.

I used the VW jail bars ends and drilled and mounted them with stainless oval head sheet metal screws. When you get to this point Nathan I'll bring all of the material to you and fab and install them for you. Yours are shorter on the width and will be a snap.

IMG_20210313_161238075_HDR.jpg

I realized that the locking door handle that came with this LV was in the locked position with no key. I took the cylinder out and brought it to my local locksmith and in about 30 minutes he had unlocked it and sent me home with 4 keys all for $25

View attachment 2613387

I realized that the locking door handle that came with this LV was in the locked position with no key. I took the cylinder out and brought it to my local locksmith and in about 30 minutes he had unlocked it and sent me home with 4 keys all for $25
That’s awesome! The one locking door handle I have is welded closed lol
I used the VW jail bars ends and drilled and mounted them with stainless oval head sheet metal screws. When you get to this point Nathan I'll bring all of the material to you and fab and install them for you. Yours are shorter on the width and will be a snap.
Sounds like a fun afternoon!! 🍻

I spent about 3 hours working on the new front bumper. This thing was made by Trail Tailor and is an awesome add to the build. I've ground the weld down on the inside and have rounded and smoothed the edges and surface to a 400x finish. Filled the FJ25 mounting holes and redrilled to mount it on the LV. Gonna try to get it to the painter this week.

IMG_20210306_120432215.jpg

Thanks brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom