Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the template still. The wagon is so big I would try to squeeze a 34 inch under her. Bfg, toyos have been good to me. Not cheap options but great tires. If ya need anything let me know.
Mike

I never even considered 34s. You're right, I've got plenty of room under her right now with the 33s. The front is stink buggin' about 4" lower than the rear so I'm gonna go with new front springs. I've got 33x10.5 Toyo M/Ts on my 40 and like the ride. I have run BFG A/Ts on my 40, LV and 60 for decades and really like the ride.

Thanks Mike. I'll PM you for a copy of that template.

Last edited:
Gene, Thanks for contacting me the other day.... I have not been on this forum for more than a year and I am absolutely STUNNED by the work you have done on the Phoenix wagon..... So happy it is going to live on.
PLEASE make sure to put a spilt brake system on there.... After your crash I did it on
my shortbed and couldn't feel happier about it.

By the way, the Gash in the fender was there when I bought it, I was told they hit a Barbwire fence post.
I dont recall the bullet hole in the trans cover.

Please stop by if you ever come up Chatsworth way!

Best,
Steve

Gene, Thanks for contacting me the other day.... I have not been on this forum for more than a year and I am absolutely STUNNED by the work you have done on the Phoenix wagon..... So happy it is going to live on.
PLEASE make sure to put a spilt brake system on there.... After your crash I did it on
my shortbed and couldn't feel happier about it.

By the way, the Gash in the fender was there when I bought it, I was told they hit a Barbwire fence post.
I dont recall the bullet hole in the trans cover.

Please stop by if you ever come up Chatsworth way!

Best,
Steve

Thank you Steve. So many parts from our old LV were used to bring this one back to life that yes it does live on. And because of the guys here on the board it's got the split brake system. Thanks for the info about the gash in the cowl. I figured it could have been done by anything. The bullet hole in the tranny hump was filled in with bondo and popped out as Mark and I were working on it. I will give you a heads up and will definitely stop by the next time I'm out your way.

It's been a little while since I've posted but I have been working a little each night when I can and on weekends. I've got new tires installed on the freshly painted wheels - Milestar Patagonia SXT 33x10/15 Mud Terrains and finally got to install the stainless repro hub caps that I've had for a while. Spent some good time giving the headlight parts a rust remover bath, wire wheeling and sanding. I painted the parts rather than plating. Installed the front and rear license plates, the rear tail lights and bought some stainless steel carriage bolts, high polished the heads and added them to the rear bumper to give it a more stock look. I got the jail bars installed today but it was too dark for pics. Cargo glass and the windshield are next.

IMG_20210108_172535957~2.jpg
IMG_20210109_134221811.jpg
IMG_20210109_135225767.jpg
IMG_20210109_142406590_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210109_144013115_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Just a few things this week. I relocated the spare tire mount to fit a 33" tire and installed the dome lights. Chipping away one thing at a time.
IMG_20210115_164305561~3.jpg
IMG_20210117_135000944_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210117_135033799_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210117_135558481.jpg

Nice!
Did the 35s come with 3 interior lights?
Nope, just a small upgrade. I'm sure it had the same single bulb that the 45LVs had behind the front seat. These are 36 LEDs each.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom