Project - Not so Nice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S4Cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked this up yesterday - 1970 40 series. Was originally an Arizona truck that was white but repainted by the green (dang POs).

Here are some pics - I'll add some detail later today...

Yes the bezel is chrome and upside down...I'm trying to resist fixing it before taking it off the trailer :p

Last edited:
nice! someone finally bought that truck. Its been for sale forever off and on. Did you go to Boone to get it or did you get it in charlotte?
I tried to convince that guy to sell me the rack a few times but he wouldnt. you want to?

What are your plans? I know it has a 2f and 4spd right?

Finally!!!

Very nice Jon...looking forward to seeing the build.

:beer:

Solid foundation. Stephanie is too spoiled in that 80 though, on the trails - time to get used to extreme hot, cold, and sometimes wet - because a 40 is just MEANT to be wheeled topless! Looking forward to it man!

:beer: R

Good deal Jon. That thing looks solid !
Should be fun watching the build.

Ill be down tomorrow to help w/ the axles.

Them coilovers are from days gone by thats for sure.

Good to see another 40 in the mix.

Not so nice????? that is a nice truck.

I remember looking at it last year.

congrats

Thanks for the compliments!

Funny story how I actually got it home.

Should be a real solid foundation for a trail rig. Already has a 2f with a 60 series distributor setup, which will stay. I'll swap in the disk brake axles I picked up from Jim and add a non ABS 80 series master with a proportion valve for the rear.

Leaning toward a sm465 with the stock 3 speed transfer case, sprung over front with shackle reversal and a 4 link in the rear.

Hoping to run 37's on some home made bead locks like Jerry's.

I'm going to start cleaning it out tomorrow and get her running, then sourcing parts (i.e. spending money).

Last edited:
All things considered that thing looks pretty darn nice Jon!

All things considered that thing looks pretty darn nice Jon!

No Doubt...that is a really clean 40 for this area considering rust. Not to mention good rubber and clean...just old. Great score and lucky deal it wasn't running :D. A few minutes and a couple parts and you probably saved yourself a ton.

Good build plan and Congrats on bringing another into the fold.

If it makes you feel any better this thing ran like it was brand new when I went and looked at it 6 months ago.

I wish it hadn't started when I looked at it maybe I could have gotten the ridiculous price. :grinpimp:

If it makes you feel any better this thing ran like it was brand new when I went and looked at it 6 months ago.:grinpimp:

Well there you go Jon....

looking good and anther 40 to boot, sweet.

If it makes you feel any better this thing ran like it was brand new when I went and looked at it 6 months ago.

I wish it hadn't started when I looked at it maybe I could have gotten the ridiculous price. :grinpimp:

AWESOME!!!

But let me tell you - I earned (or at least want to think) that ridiculous price...you had to be there to get the full affect of the situation.

Will be a good story over a campfire and some :beer:.

Hope you guys don't mind me lurking....NICE score Jon! The Cruiser Gods obviously saw a more worthy owner and put the whammy on her PO. At least he had to pay penitence for doing the paint and upside down chrome.

Jon Sourbeer

AWESOME!!!

But let me tell you - I earned (or at least want to think) that ridiculous price...you had to be there to get the full affect of the situation.

Will be a good story over a campfire and some :beer:.

I can imagine. If it was who I think it was. Young kid with shaggy hair? Maybe 20? I am 99% sure I sold them those tires/wheels (3-4 years ago?) when I worked at 4WP. I remember it being a solid Cruiser, and I definately remember the coilover shocks and chrome upside-down bezel.:hillbilly:

Dude.... that thing is nice! Great solid platform to start from for sure.

I can imagine. If it was who I think it was. Young kid with shaggy hair? Maybe 20? I am 99% sure I sold them those tires/wheels (3-4 years ago?) when I worked at 4WP. I remember it being a solid Cruiser, and I definately remember the coilover shocks and chrome upside-down bezel.:hillbilly:

Yep - that's the guy. Really nice kid...just didn't know squat about cruisers...

The chrome bezel and and coilovers are going to get tossed but the '8' ball shifter and valvestem caps will stay for good karma :steer:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom