Prinsu Design 100 Series Full Roof Rack System (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Appreciate the confirmation.
This is an incredible repository for information on these beasts. Do some digging (searching) or at least make an attempt and say so and a Sherpa will step up in almost every case... :banana:

I rigged my own maxxtraxx mount using home depot hardware. It's been almost a year and 20K miles without falling off so i think it's enough to recommend if you want something quick and don't wanna spend too much. This costs like $10 in materials and will require a drill to drill into your maxxtraxx. I've done 90mph + on long road trips to snowboarding and it didn't fly off, i think it's stainless steel so i didn't see any rust.

50762982688_1c40d4bffb_b.jpg

50763714661_4ce52abb0b_b.jpg

50762982693_418f4dfea0_b.jpg

50764417416_9a3be81a5b_k.jpg

Last edited:
Easy way not to assume is to pry the cover off.
When attaching my Rhino Rack, Pioneer Platform this is what my LX looked like after having pulled the trim and removed the middle plastic gaskets and bolts off...

692591B2-03C8-4989-B0BD-1A409769D041.jpeg

I didn't snap a pic of the trim after the tin snip ops but everything just snapped back into place with no issues. Again, don't be shy with the silicon during assembly...
Cheers mates,
G

Been working on mounting a newly purchased Prinsu rack on my 2006. Very disappointed with the fit and system so far.

- bracket hole alignment with roof holes is not great, and is particularly bad on the rear bolt on the drivers side middle mount. Not like any of this moves so not sure how it's so far out of spec. Reluctant to tighten as I may strip or damage the thread in the roof.
- spacers do not sit flush - i.e. roof channel is angled and such so are the spacers. Bracket will pull down on spacers unevenly. Maybe when everything is tightened they'll clamp fully but I would think this will add significant stresses to the whole assembly. Why isn't the bracket angled to compensate?
- spacers could be trimmed down (cosmetic, but was aiming for as close to the roof line as possible, I would have thought this was optimised from the factory)
- some powder coat damaged from factory, does not appear to have occurred in shipping as was under foam wrap
- surprised to see that bolts for roof mounting were not stainless given where they live
- I'm going to be pedantic here, but the washers for the cross bar screws are a little oversized - so when tightened they don't sit centered on the screw head. Yes, OCD.

Not sure why it isn't working for me while it has for many others. I'll reach out to Prinsu to discuss my concerns, but I won't be recommending the product.

Been working on mounting a newly purchased Prinsu rack on my 2006. Very disappointed with the fit and system so far.

- bracket hole alignment with roof holes is not great, and is particularly bad on the rear bolt on the drivers side middle mount. Not like any of this moves so not sure how it's so far out of spec. Reluctant to tighten as I may strip or damage the thread in the roof.
- spacers do not sit flush - i.e. roof channel is angled and such so are the spacers. Bracket will pull down on spacers unevenly. Maybe when everything is tightened they'll clamp fully but I would think this will add significant stresses to the whole assembly. Why isn't the bracket angled to compensate?
- spacers could be trimmed down (cosmetic, but was aiming for as close to the roof line as possible, I would have thought this was optimised from the factory)
- some powder coat damaged from factory, does not appear to have occurred in shipping as was under foam wrap
- surprised to see that bolts for roof mounting were not stainless given where they live
- I'm going to be pedantic here, but the washers for the cross bar screws are a little oversized - so when tightened they don't sit centered on the screw head. Yes, OCD.

Not sure why it isn't working for me while it has for many others. I'll reach out to Prinsu to discuss my concerns, but I won't be recommending the product.

I installed the two main rails before installing the cross bars, leave everything loose and once everything is connected, tighten down and it should work. I have no issues with the rack, i'm pretty OCD too, but i was able to make it work.

I installed the two main rails before installing the cross bars, leave everything loose and once everything is connected, tighten down and it should work. I have no issues with the rack, i'm pretty OCD too, but i was able to make it work.
I did the same, starting with the main rails only. Little less fired up than yesterday but still unhappy with the roof hole alignment and lack of angle on the main rails to compensate for the roof channel angle.

Will see what Prinsu says.

I'm a DIY'er and cheap and really want to try and attempt making my own racks using 3/16 plate aluminum and cutting the side plates with an angle grinder. the tricky part i feel is lining up the holes to drill for the 80/20 crossbars. Seems like everyone's been able to source the hardware for assembling. Should be interesting project

CBI/Prinsu accepted the rack back without question - I can't fault their customer service. I suspect the 100 Series is a low volume product for them and as such hasn't been refined as much. Would happily try again on a higher volume vehicle.

I've had a Prinsu rack on my '99 UZJ100 for two years with no issues. Easy to install and I didn't experience the same difficulties you had. Sorry to hear about your experience but glad to hear they took it back.

Love the rig! What rims are you running in these pics?
These are Raceline 944B, they’re +12 offset so rub city if you don’t trim your liner and at least some of the stock bumper corner. Other than that no issues, balanced well and stood up against rocks that I came off of

These are Raceline 944B, they’re +12 offset so rub city if you don’t trim your liner and at least some of the stock bumper corner. Other than that no issues, balanced well and stood up against rocks that I came off of
Those look great! You like them more then the Methods?

Have any of you tried mounting front runner accessories to the prinsu rack using the appropriate carriage bolts for the prinsu? Is it just a matter of changing the bolts out?

Just wanted to add a review since this seems to be the main Prinsu thread for the 100 series. I received and installed my rack last week. It shipped a few days after my order was placed and arrived quickly and well packaged.

Install was pretty straightforward, but took longer than expected. It took me about 4 hours working alone to remove the stock rack and install the Prinsu. I basically followed the Prinsu video for install. As others have mentioned, the side rails are a little bowed out of the box. This isn't an issue and corrects itself as the cross bars are added. I did everything hand tight and then a final torque using the old German torque spec of "gutentight" one everything as assembled and the rack aligned to my liking. I also used the included Vibra-tite on every both with the exception of the main mounting bolts. I used a healthy amount of silicone on those and the spacers.

I'm very happy with the rack. No complaints with the finish of the product. It's also super quiet and adds no noticeable noise over my KO2's. I love that the profile is low and adds very little height over the stock rack. (meaning I can still get into the parking garages at work and around town)

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom