Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few of us helped out a new member install some new skid plates from Victory 4x4. There was lots of prying, cursing, and hammering. They are on now and seem like they’ll do a good job of protecting the truck.

View attachment 3168124View attachment 3168128View attachment 3168130
View attachment 3168131
View attachment 3168133
Thanks TTviper for your help. Im glad I ran into ppl who know abundantly more about the Cruisers. Cant wait to get more mods and ask for assistance. :)

Too bad you guys weren't around to help these guys.

Too bad you guys weren't around to help these guys.
Too bad he didnt post real time help request, I found the best way to get rear shocks off a rusty 100 is to drop the spare, jack the back up, get sawzall and chop chop

Gave the LX a booty lift.
PXL_20221117_195637544.jpg

Last edited:
Found a cheap Bronco rear cargo drawer on marketplace and it turns out it basically bolts right into the GX470 with a tiny bit of modification. I reused the cargo tie down holes and drilled and tapped them to M8x1.25 to reuse the factory Bronco drawer hardware. The front two holes line up perfectly with the predrilled holes in the drawer. For the rear, I had to mark and drill two new holes in the bottom of the drawer but then they bolt right in using the included hardware. I haven't seen a cheaper and easier way to get a rear drawer than this. Install took me about 2 hours including figuring all of this out.

IMG_5640.jpg

Found a cheap Bronco rear cargo drawer on marketplace and it turns out it basically bolts right into the GX470 with a tiny bit of modification. I reused the cargo tie down holes and drilled and tapped them to M8x1.25 to reuse the factory Bronco drawer hardware. The front two holes line up perfectly with the predrilled holes in the drawer. For the rear, I had to mark and drill two new holes in the bottom of the drawer but then they bolt right in using the included hardware. I haven't seen a cheaper and easier way to get a rear drawer than this. Install took me about 2 hours including figuring all of this out.

View attachment 3174148
very slick repurposing!

Proffitt's Instagram had a post about that:
View attachment 3161034

His post says he'll be doing a SEMA episode on YouTube, so I imagine this will be a part of it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQGe4QHUPeUt2a3vVgb_4wA/featured

View attachment 3161038
I saw that Greg's Restorations posted some thoughts on it:

One comment says it is 93,000 yen, which is under a grand! Granted, you'll increase that with shipping and fees, but that seems unreal!

As Greg says, maybe not the thing if you are trying to combine their panels with OEM stuff, but if you have a totally destroyed body and are replacing all of it...

Pieced together a OME 850/860 lift with L shocks, huge thanks to @matzell for the front springs and @S.CarolinaFZJ80 for the L shocks :beer: . Truck sits pretty level and overall im very pleased with the ride. With that said i think anything would have been better than the tired suspension i pulled out of it.

ome lift.jpg

junk.jpg

C'mon. Those shocks had AT LEAST another quarter century of service left in them.
:zilla:

I saw that Greg's Restorations posted some thoughts on it:

One comment says it is 93,000 yen, which is under a grand! Granted, you'll increase that with shipping and fees, but that seems unreal!

As Greg says, maybe not the thing if you are trying to combine their panels with OEM stuff, but if you have a totally destroyed body and are replacing all of it...

I think sometimes they drop the 000s when displaying the price in Japan. Good chance it’s 93,000,000 but under $10k is still a deal. Then add shipping/duty etc.

maybe i missed it, but wouldnt there be some sort of copyright infringement? Or since the 40 has been out of production for almost 40 (heh) years, toyota isnt going to really care?

I'm not exactly sure where that line is drawn. I know that places like Dennis Carpenter have "Ford Licensed" parts. But you can also get Ford body panels from a variety of sources that make no mention of being licensed or otherwise "official." I don't see that Aqualu makes any qualifications about licensing (not calling them out or anything, just making the observation).

I think sometimes they drop the 000s when displaying the price in Japan. Good chance it’s 93,000,000 but under $10k is still a deal. Then add shipping/duty etc.

I wasn't aware of that, but it would make the prices more realistic. The prices on the website are in the format of ¥1,000.00, though.

They have a pretty large catalog of Toyota (and other) body parts: Products_Japanese_Toyota_JIANGSU JUNCHENG VEHICLE INDUSTRY CO., LTD. - https://www.carbody.com/index.php?s=store&c=search&sycx=fengtian&catid=1

Looking at this again, that (93 million yen) would make it $678,879.17...
Of course, the original (93 thousand yen) would make it $678.88 and that doesn't make sense either...

Catalog.png

Further conversation on the Greg's Restoration Instagram says that $10K was what was being said at SEMA - presumably with costs to get it here.

Last edited:
Nothing exciting but was feeling in the festive spirit....

1670582032852.png

Very cool. Wish someone would do a swing out like these for 100s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom