Pre-build 25 Q&A (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I highly doubt anyone had the oem wheels for sale with the brake inspection hole. I would like to try and replicate this on a set of old wheels. Could someone try to make a template out of cardboard or heat some thin plastic and make a template? Use the valve stem as a reference down to the 1st lug nut and Mark the hole? Will this upset the cruiser gods? Thanks Mike

I can get you a template.
Here is a start (photo). The oval is about 2 7/8" wide and 1.54" tall
IMG_1083.jpg

Great, the plasma cutter should make this cut easy. I'll probably use your template and make a jig for the plasma cutter to make a smooth cut then 90 degree air grinder to polish it? Any better idea throw them out now! Tahoe40/45 I'll pm you my address when your ready. Thanks Mike

We spoke.

Just to let everyone know this is what I'm dealing with! I picked the FJ25 up from Idaho Tuesday night November 2nd. During my journey I met a few great cruiserheads. Stopped by Cruiser Outfitters but was running late. Bryce left my package outside. At that point started heading east. Finally made it to Kentucky Friday at 3AM. Wiley coyote let me stay with him and his family. Great guy. That morning around 8am started stirring. Finalized the deal on the FJ45 swb. Then drove to Fl/home. Arrived around 10PM. Great trip only 1 blow out. Over 3,200 miles and 2 awesome cruisers later.
IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

IMG_0651.JPG

The valve cover on the far right is a 25 match?
20151130_083448.jpg

The valve cover on the far right is a 25 match?View attachment 1358927

Not a 25 match but you could use it, early 40. The one on the right is post 25 so the vents are welded shut and the vacuum connection added. When they did that it reversed the direction of flow from the draft tube on the 25. The 25 vented out the draft tube and drew in fresh air through open vents in the valve cover. Depending on what you're running for a motor and carb you may want to run that for a vintage look without all the drawbacks of the draft tube.

Still need some springs. Gotta get this girl rolling!

Interesting motor... Somebody a long time ago put a little effort into the swap. You have the original front plate motor mount and possibly the 25 style water temp and oil warning senders. They should have a 8?mm bolt on the top...careful...

Good news the PO found these. He's still looking for several other items but this is a start. On the parts search Brian came up with a few goodies today. Mark has helped out alot. This ole girl may have a second chance at life after all:steer:
IMG_2581.jpg

I highly doubt anyone had the oem wheels for sale with the brake inspection hole. I would like to try and replicate this on a set of old wheels. Could someone try to make a template out of cardboard or heat some thin plastic and make a template? Use the valve stem as a reference down to the 1st lug nut and Mark the hole? Will this upset the cruiser gods? Thanks Mike

Just finished this little project for my build. I used an engineering company and they did it on CNC machine, very happy with the results. They look just as good as factory, if I don't tell "Cruiser Gods" won't even know. Check them out in my thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom