Power Steering Pressure Feed Tube Leak part 44410-60710 ) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLC2013

SILVER Star
Threads
A few weeks ago I noticed some seepage coming from the power steering pressure tube/line. After cleaning up the area and monitoring for a week the area around where a soft line connects to the hard line is again wet with PS fluid.

I found some YouTube videos showing the job for the 5.7 2nd gen Tundra. Seems straightforward enough with the most challenging part being the process of getting a wrench on the hardline that connects to the rack/pinion.

Looking at the parts diagram this should be a simple unbolt and replace and use new washers.

Are there any special procedures/processes for this job like bleeding the PS system?

If anyone is kind enough to share what the FSM has for this job I would really appreciate it.
@bloc @linuxgod @TeCKis300

So far I have the Power steering pressure feed tube, part number 44410-60710

I plan on also replacing part number 44411D shown in the diagram.

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_2045.jpeg

I think you're right it's as simple as you describe. Nothing particular in the FSM.

Removal
1702322496976.png

Install torque
1702322725703.png

I concur with Teckis, and yes replace that crush washer part. Also that part number is coming up as correct.

Thank you all! Updates to follow.

The new pressure tube assembly arrived. Nice to see "yokohama" on the rubber, more OEM Japanese manufacturered parts the better. In the past I was surprised to see OEM Toyota parts such their alternator and starter being made in the USA.

I'll be tackling the install in the coming days. Hopefully no surprises, crossing my fingers.

20231220_153704.jpg

That was probably one expensive piece of tubing & hoses..

The new pressure tube assembly arrived. Nice to see "yokohama" on the rubber, more OEM Japanese manufacturered parts the better. In the past I was surprised to see OEM Toyota parts such their alternator and starter being made in the USA.

I'll be tackling the install in the coming days. Hopefully no surprises, crossing my fingers.

View attachment 3513225
Are you saying the alternator and starter in your 200 was made in the USA?Denso product?

Are you saying the alternator and starter in your 200 was made in the USA?Denso product?
He’s saying when you buy a replacement, even the original part number, from Toyota, it’ll be US built and usually a remanufactured part.

He’s saying when you buy a replacement, even the original part number, from Toyota, it’ll be US built and usually a remanufactured part.
anyone ever order from amayama (unknown if legit or not) or partsouq with similar results on manufacturing origin?

anyone ever order from amayama (unknown if legit or not) or partsouq with similar results on manufacturing origin?
Yes, and it's documented elsewhere in this forum section.

That was probably one expensive piece of tubing & hoses..
You ain't lying. The local dealer wanted $615 for it, yikes ! Fortunately, Fred Anderson Toyota was having their 25% off online parts orders and free shipping so I was able to capitalize on that deal. Still ran me $315.
I am going to take the leaking one to a hydraulic shop ande see what they would charge to "rebuild" the lines and fittings.

@TLC2013 Any updates on how the install went? I was under my LX changing the serpentine belt and noticed I have some leaking from the same line.

With the right tools: crow foot wrench, swivel sockets and access to a lift it wouldn't be too difficult. Pretty much just unbolting the old line from the power seering rack and reservoir and installing the new one and topping off the fluid afterwards.
However access to the drivers side where the two lines connect to the rack is a nightmare without the propper tools. Horrible angles to deal with and no room to maneuver when on jack stands/ramps. Dealer charges around 2 hours of labor so I had them knock it out in an afternoon. Money well spent in my book to be back on the road in a couple hours.

20231222_085559.jpg

The OEM part here in the states was around $600 USD at my local dealership . Yikes!
I waited a bit and replaced it when there was one of the 25% sales being offered by an online Toyota dealerships parts dept. These sales pop up a few times a year and can save a bundle. The seepage was so minimal that it didn’t even register below the fill line in the reservoir.

IMG_1897.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom