Yaw Sensor and Power Steering Pressure faults (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentlemen,

I just picked up a 2011 LX570 that has a couple of problems:

C1715 Front Acceleration Sensor Right Malfunction
P0552 Power Steering Pressure Sensor

I have no experience with either of these parts but apparently they both need replaced. I have ordered the parts, now to work out how to install them.

On the Yaw sensor, people have said it's under the center console. Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams where it is exactly? I was told by a friend who looked it up on ShopKeyPro that there were 2 yaw sensors, one on either side. Is this true? The code did say "right" so I figured it was true. I read some posts on here where people are adjusting their sensor, so it appears that many people know the location and how to get to it. Any advice?

On the power steering pressure sensor, I am guessing it is connected to the pump? How much stuff needs removed to access it?

Any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I have been a member on here for many years, but I can't remember my password to my other account, and the email it is associated with is no longer active.

Thanks again,
Jonathan

Out of everyone who has removed/replaced their YAW sensors not a single person can help?
I can’t remember reading about anyone removing or replacing their yaw sensor in five years of near daily use of this board.

As long as I've been on these boards, I can't think of one person that's changed that part. In including on the 100 series.

Have you tried to zero point cal?

I can’t remember reading about anyone removing or replacing their yaw sensor in five years of near daily use of this board.
Thank you for the response. I have not tried it. The gentleman who had it prior to me had it checked and was told it needed a Yaw Sensor. I located one, but can't for the life of me find out exactly where it's located. I was told passenger side console area and knee sensor needs replaced, but I really don't want to start removing airbags if that's not where it is. By chance do you have a link for the zero point calibration?

You should be able to search on here for details on the zero point cal.

For a 2011 LX the service manual details removing the whole center console with coolbox assembly (including evacuating the HVAC system refrigerant) to get to the yaw sensor. TIS only shows one, not a left and right.

I'd advise finding the big factory service manual thread to get that.. most of your questions will be answered in that one document.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom