Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you can!

I also think you need to get the pre-load correct.

Since I shelled out for a new unit to fit an '88 62, I'd prefer not to dick around with it, void the warranty, get the pre-load wrong, etc...

Also, no idea if the clutch on the used one is any good.

I contacted CoolStream yesterday and he is getting another unit o/n to see if it matches what I am looking for. He thinks I got one that was put in the wrong box.

Since they are willing to check it out, I will hold off on swapping...

You can test the clutch by putting 12v to it. Should lock up it up if working. I know the clutch on mine was frozen, but yeah it probably needs rebuilt overall. I've gone through a few threads.

You can test the clutch by putting 12v to it. Should lock up it up if working. I know the clutch on mine was frozen, but yeah it probably needs rebuilt overall. I've gone through a few threads.

Sounds reasonable! If I can get a new clutch that fits vs one that has been cycled 8 million times, I will go for it. Hoping once this compressor goes in, she does not come out again for a while...

I think you can!

I also think you need to get the pre-load correct.

Since I shelled out for a new unit to fit an '88 62, I'd prefer not to dick around with it, void the warranty, get the pre-load wrong, etc...

Also, no idea if the clutch on the used one is any good.

I contacted CoolStream yesterday and he is getting another unit o/n to see if it matches what I am looking for. He thinks I got one that was put in the wrong box.

Since they are willing to check it out, I will hold off on swapping...
The CoolStream folks are quality... stick with them helping you sort this out.

Watching this closely... my dad's Pig is gonna need similar treatment.

The CoolStream folks are quality... stick with them helping you sort this out.

Watching this closely... my dad's Pig is gonna need similar treatment.

I am hoping this condenser will do the trick! Need to make some custom hoses to tie all this together...

IMG_9806.JPG
IMG_9803.JPG
IMG_9802.JPG
IMG_9801.JPG
IMG_9800.JPG

Watch that piece of wood!! Ouch ☹
You watching my wood Bob?

That prop keeps the hood level, not crooked like the prop rod. I am pretty sure the prop rod putting the hood crooked so much causes that crack you see on the 2F hoods.

I don't of this problem, any more info on it, pictures, etc. I never heard anyone mention this.
I will see if I have a picture of Ben’s hood before we painted it.
Look on the passenger side, around the contours where the bump starts...

At least you aren't driving through the swamp ass states. NV UT are going to be hot when we cruise thru on Wednesday. I'd like to say my AC works but I haven gotten to use it for more than 5 mins so far.

A/C....what's that. Might have to talk to Scraps about that at the Pig Party. Been up to 105 here and I'm thinking that might have to be the next mod. Don't envy Doomer and crew going through NV and UT on the way. I remember the dashboard temp gauge on my F150 showing 116 outside of Baker while waiting in a line of traffic one afternoon.

I'm already planning on an aux. a/c to really cool it down. I made a big mistake and bought leather seats. :bang: One of my upgrades is going to be cloth inserts on the seats.

It's funny how you change as you get older. Having a/c was the last thing on my mind, never bothered me, but now we kinda like to be comfortable. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom