Post your wheeling damage pics (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How'd you Nick the shark Fin?

I guess I was lucky. These things took an unprecedented pounding. I was thoroughly impressed at how everyone's 200 held up.

Finally got around to washing the beast. Here's mine:

Every wheel looks like this

20170807_163935.jpg

One semi-bad stripe. It should buff out though.

20170807_163947.jpg

Sliders got a thrashing but saved my door

20170807_163953.jpg

Slid into a rock. This was the first time I had to winch myself (and subsequently everyone else). Bumper saved the fender.

20170807_164015.jpg

Rear bumper dragged hundreds of times. For example of the insane inclines note the scrapes on the bumpers shackle mounts

20170807_164034.jpg

20170807_164049.jpg

Need to retrim the bumper plastic, no idea how this happened.

20170807_164254.jpg

And the "big" one. My gate no longer lines up on one side. I'm thinking the hinge got tweaked on one of the enormous hits I took. All other body lines match so the body is fine. I might swing by a body shop and have them see what's up. Worst case, '16+ rear conversion :)

20170807_164055.jpg

We were wondering why none of the steel bumpers have rollers on the bottom like boat trailers or roll off containers. Might make it easier to "slide" off obstacles.

Every obstacle we hit demonstrated the toughness and build quality of these trucks. Still can't believe we did all that with no major damage.

Try loosening the bolts that attach bumper to bracket/ frame and see if things go back where they were? Looks like you guys went cowboy style? It's hard to like a damage post but as long as you had fun??

Last edited:
Other than the axle, and a trashed ridge grappler this seems to be the extent of my trail mods...
20170807_072213.jpg
20170807_072204.jpg
will be fun to bust out the heat gun and pop the plastic back into shape.

let everyone at work see it for what it is before you push the corners back out!
will be interesting to see if the white hides the scrapes better than the dark colors.

@kreiten post up the after trip bumper shot. I wish we could have lined up the three trucks with matching aerodynamic corners :hillbilly::beer::beer::beer:

Ken, if you can, snap a pic of your spare. I'm curious how it fared getting drug around all day.

let everyone at work see it for what it is before you push the corners back out!
will be interesting to see if the white hides the scrapes better than the dark colors.

@kreiten post up the after trip bumper shot. I wish we could have lined up the three trucks with matching aerodynamic corners :hillbilly::beer::beer::beer:

Ken, if you can, snap a pic of your spare. I'm curious how it fared getting drug around all day.
Def more aerodynamic:) I'll post a pic of it when I get home, it's pretty bad...LOL Here is what it sounds like when it crunches:)

I was winching our convoy of trucks in Moab (on a few obstacles), and I got careless with the end of the winch line and had it on my dash while re-positioning my truck, winch line caught in something and ripped out of my truck.

Probably looking at another $20k to make the truck right and the way I want it again. All my armor did its job well except for the ARB rear bumper, which is just not up to the task. It will be gone soon enough.
Ouch. Sorry man. Def a disconcerting # if that's legit.

just lots of scratches and stuff under the rig, no major damage at all, and trust me I heard lots of sounds:) These rigs are absolute beasts!
email3937.jpg

These Tupperware bumpers are pretty f'in strong, but we may be finding their limits:)
email3929.jpg

It's like Toyota knew we were going to end up doing this when they were testing the vehicle:)
testing.jpg

it was a rough trip for GoPro's:) Em went down the waterslide at the Expedition Lodge with our GoPro only to realize the waterproof housing was not on it, OUCH! So we bought a new one down the street only to have it fall off the truck in BRK while wheelin and shatter the screen, OUCH 2.0 Long story short the old one turned back on and we bought a new screen for the new one for 17 bucks, back in the GoPro game!
email3597.jpg

Finally got around to knocking off some of the mud from Breckenridge. Not quite as aerodynamic as the Moab Tushy Tuck special, but I'm sure I'll gain at least 1/2 mpg in fuel economy.

IMG_20170812_143119.jpg

Other than pinstripes and some slider scuffs only one real dent from my 18 days out west. Red Cone in my arse.

IMG_2193.JPG

All of you guys who "like" my damage must be real jerks!

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom