Post your wheeling damage pics (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These pics clearly show what a rugged truck the 200 is. Thanks, all, for posting.

Wish it was out wheeling, but this happened over the weekend headed up to see the eclipse... Definitely never fun to deal with a flat tire, but sucks even worse to have it wipe out everything else around it.:eek:

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_7360.JPG

Ripped out the inner fender liner and tore up the manifold injection pumps. Dealt with a chrstmas tree on the dashboard the rest of the weekend.
IMG_1052.JPG

PSA for anyone using the RW factory wheel locks, I suggest ditching them quick! While on the side of the road dealing with the flat, the flower shaped splines on the factory key broke leaving me up a creek.
IMG_1072.JPG

The eclipse made all the hassle and travels worth it.:D
IMG_1067.JPG

Wish it was out wheeling, but this happened over the weekend headed up to see the eclipse... Definitely never fun to deal with a flat tire, but sucks even worse to have it wipe out everything else around it.:eek:

View attachment 1521943

View attachment 1521942

Ripped out the inner fender liner and tore up the manifold injection pumps. Dealt with a chrstmas tree on the dashboard the rest of the weekend.
View attachment 1521940

PSA for anyone using the RW factory wheel locks, I suggest ditching them quick! While on the side of the road dealing with the flat, the flower shaped splines on the factory key broke leaving me up a creek.
View attachment 1521937

View attachment 1521938

What tires were you running and how old were they? That's a wild blowout pattern. Crazy stuff.

As for the TRD/McGard keys. They're trash. I chowdered my original key as well as a brand new key after a few uses. I swapped them all out for another spline-drive lug.

What tires were you running and how old were they? That's a wild blowout pattern. Crazy stuff.

As for the TRD/McGard keys. They're trash. I chowdered my original key as well as a brand new key after a few uses. I swapped them all out for another spline-drive lug.

They were BFG AT KO's (RW Tundra takeoffs) not sure on exact age but the rest of the set still looks to be in great condition including the spare. But I definitely plan to change them all out now. Just need to decide what size to run. Thinking about 285/75/17...

Interesting that the key broke on you too. I am doing the same thing swapping to the spline style all around.

View attachment 1521943

View attachment 1521942

View attachment 1521940

View attachment 1521937

View attachment 1521938

Wow! Worst blowout damage I've ever seen!

And totally agree on wheel locks. Two sets I've ever owned failed...nearly left me stranded years ago when I fist had my 100. The locks that came with my Craigslist RW set on my 200 went in the trash immediately. Good riddance.

But man...what a bummer about the crazy blowout damage!

They were BFG AT KO's (RW Tundra takeoffs) not sure on exact age but the rest of the set still looks to be in great condition including the spare. But I definitely plan to change them all out now. Just need to decide what size to run. Thinking about 285/75/17...

Interesting that the key broke on you too. I am doing the same thing swapping to the spline style all around.

What's the age code on the tires?
Determining the Age of a Tire

I'd definitely swap those tires out.

Wow! Worst blowout damage I've ever seen!

And totally agree on wheel locks. Two sets I've ever owned failed...nearly left me stranded years ago when I fist had my 100. The locks that came with my Craigslist RW set on my 200 went in the trash immediately. Good riddance.

But man...what a bummer about the crazy blowout damage!

Yeah, the damage is a major bummer but I'm just glad that all it is. I suppose it could have been a lot worse. I was surprised with how well it handled as I was in the far left lane cruising the speed limit (80mph) when it blew. I was able to make it to the shoulder without it ever getting really squirrelly. It could have been a lot worse if it was during a turn or while towing.

I'm sure insurance will get it back in shape soon.

@paul r definitely an "unlike" if we could, glad it didn't turn out worse.

Thanks for the PSA on the wheel locks. I've read that they could be an issue, but your story convinced me and mine will now come off this weekend.

@paul r definitely an "unlike" if we could, glad it didn't turn out worse.

Thanks for the PSA on the wheel locks. I've read that they could be an issue, but your story convinced me and mine will now come off this weekend.

I'm glad it will hopefully keep others from ending up in the same situation I was in!

Did you move your trailer wiring harness, or did you lose it?
I just shoved it up above the spare tire and it stayed there the whole trip, easy fix:)

I just shoved it up above the spare tire and it stayed there the whole trip, easy fix:)
Heh. I might need to see is Slee will sell me just their wiring hardness relo bracket from their bumper before I join y'all in Moab next year

Heh. I might need to see is Slee will sell me just their wiring hardness relo bracket from their bumper before I join y'all in Moab next year

I used a custom "zip tie" bracket when I put the bumper on... so far so good :steer:

x5 on the wheel locks. On Mudders recommendation I got rid of mine a while back.

Glad you're okay. Coulda been really bad.

X2 on zip tie "bracket" and in need be just reinstall in stock location if towing. Just use decent ties.
I might just fab something up. I tow a lot, even between wheelin' (i.e. moved the camper from Breckenridge to Moab to the Grand Canyon this summer), so any remove/reinstall in between will result in me being lazy and skipping it

Em popped the bumper out a bit and slapped some wax on it real quick, damn these bumpers are resilient:) We just need a new clip for the parking sensor and we're all good and ready to wheel again:D
email123.jpg

Last edited:
Em popped the bumper out a bit and slapped some wax on it real quick, damn these bumpers are resilient:) We just need a new clip for the parking sensor and we're all good and ready to wheel again:D
View attachment 1529773

You are going to do that again next year when we do Golden Spike 2018.

Any recommendations on replacement wheel locks? Some better than others? I know there are many options, but I truly value all the expertise/experience from the Mud community

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom