Post your wheeling damage pics (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got busy with the DA buffer this morning.

IMG_9910.JPG

IMG_9911.JPG

Last edited:
That looks amazing Andrew. You've inspired me to do something about all the pinstripes on my rig.

With lots of patience!

:clap:

Skids and sliders did their job. Just a gentle rock kiss or two.

1) PS slider caught a rock during a narrow section (probably driver error and could have been avoided)
2) DS slider landed hard and was dragged the full length (couldn't do much about that one)
3 & 4) both RLCA skids got a little blip, but nothing serious

IMG_20170618_143939.jpg

IMG_20170618_143833.jpg

IMG_20170618_143906.jpg

IMG_20170618_143758.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like everything worked as it was supposed to. The first dings are always the hardest but they reinforce that you spent wisely

52307190583__EBE368C1-5315-49B8-9B55-E7DDDF176BD0.JPG

At Poison Spider today.

IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4527.JPG
IMG_4528.JPG
IMG_4530.JPG
IMG_4533.JPG
Some damage... I will be restoring Canyonero back to 100% before it sees dirt again.

I was winching our convoy of trucks in Moab (on a few obstacles), and I got careless with the end of the winch line and had it on my dash while re-positioning my truck, winch line caught in something and ripped out of my truck.

Probably looking at another $20k to make the truck right and the way I want it again. All my armor did its job well except for the ARB rear bumper, which is just not up to the task. It will be gone soon enough.

I was winching our convoy of trucks in Moab (on a few obstacles), and I got careless with the end of the winch line and had it on my dash while re-positioning my truck, winch line caught in something and ripped out of my truck.

Probably looking at another $20k to make the truck right and the way I want it again. All my armor did its job well except for the ARB rear bumper, which is just not up to the task. It will be gone soon enough.

sorry to hear about the damage. but it's the adventures like you guys had that make the strongest memories and the best stories down the road of life. plastic and sheetmetal can always be repaired or replaced...

i find that the scariest/worst circumstances i've found myself in, i still look back on with fondness (like trekking across mainland honduras to narrowly escape hurricane mitch back in the late 90's).

glad everybody came out of it okay. i do feel bad for your wallet though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom