Post your front bumper pix!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My home made front bumper..... :)

1007vs9.jpg

12002jk9.jpg

14004lu7.jpg

Last edited:

Its a pretty solid bar for what stuff i run over ;) and the side scrub bars do come in handy when 4bein in the rocky country. The cheap winch that came with it died i have a neat warn at home to put in when my color bone joins back together :cool:
n541628054_2572050_8386962.jpg

Without and with winch !

Very simple set-up
2006-08-01 BJ70 (106).JPG
2007-05-21 BJ70 1985 (2).JPG

Wow Fabs..... don't mean to hijack this thread but.....

What model cruiser is that? Looks like my BJ74. Are they factory springs or did you do a coil over?
I really like that roof rack. Whats it bolted to? Is it just bolted to the FRP top?

Absolutely sic cruiser.... like your work mate!

Gav.

Without and with winch !

Very simple set-up

Very nice job David. Could you share some of the specifics of the winch bumper build, including the amount and location of the bolts to the chassis. I am trying to build a winch bumper as well, but the chassis horns are so small, there is not alot of room for bolting on. I always worry that it won't mount up strong enough for winching purposes. Did you make additional bolt holes on the chassis?

Cheers,

Gus

Very nice job David. Could you share some of the specifics of the winch bumper build, including the amount and location of the bolts to the chassis. I am trying to build a winch bumper as well, but the chassis horns are so small, there is not alot of room for bolting on. I always worry that it won't mount up strong enough for winching purposes. Did you make additional bolt holes on the chassis?

Cheers,

Gus

Thank !

I'll take some other pics... and make a little write-up this week-end.

THis is attached by I think 3 bolts per side and the winch is sat on a plate attached to the bar but it is too far forward and I am going to make one like the 3rd pic soon. THis is a PTO/Electric winch hidden in there with Pneumatic engage/disengage for the freespool. THis is a ARB copy bar.

RED0032a.JPG

This is the underview view hahaha all hidden by the really bashed bash plate which is 5mm alloy. Because I have nothing to touch here it can all be enclosed except when I have to replace a cable and that is done in about 10 mins or less.

resized200_0568A.JPG

This is a friends jelopy which is what my truck will look like soon. The guards are also cut away to give more ground clearance and allow uis to run up to steep banks and not get hung up or down into rivers and not bar out on the river bed :) . Its the one time you do not want to get caught in bed ahahaha . Its running a 7M engine for the record.
Ah-Hors_Jepoly.jpg

Awsome, ideas people, thanks! ...anyone out there with LightForce240's?? I got them last night and pretty much want to do the bumper to fit the lights perfectly since i know those suckers are HUGE.

Its going to be a custom fab, so any ideas are welcome! Also, i dont necesarily need the complete bull bar per se, since here in Colombia we dont have crazy Kangaroo's running all over the place!

Cheers!

yOU think OZ is dangerous ? Kangaroos - Wallabies - Wombats - SHeep - Foxes - Feral Cats - Cows - Horses - Camels - Boars - Crocs - Snakes - whats can you see on the road proably more.

Malaysia

Motor bikes - Water buffalo - Horses sometimes - Boars yup got a few :) - Elephant - Tigers (not joking) - Panthers - Snakes - Cattle (lots hit 2 in 3 weeks :( ) - monkeys - wild cats etc.

we have you all beat,
we have fords, chevs and dodges with brain dead drivers..
THAT is more dangerous than any Tiger, snake or spider.

LOL, i see what you mean.... are you recommending i get a full out bull bar? Cuz we have lots of brain-dead drivers on motorcycles, cars and SUV's here also! I sorta like the look of the low bumper, retains some aspects of the original look, but i could go for a full out bull bar...

Heres a couple of ideas that come from pics ive saved over the years... Lemme know what you think and how i might be able to correctly place the lightforce lights i just bought!

Thanks!
2.jpg
DSCN3144_jpg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom