Post up what you pedal (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have posted the bikes before but finally picked up a rack. Now to get to a more interesting location.

CFF83904-08E9-4C05-AD4A-1B73E9E8F9C5.jpeg

My new bike is a homemade 4130 steel front triangle on a Scott Gambler carbon rear end. My tig welding skills are lacking so 8 need to check on this one pretty often. I made a second one but it is winter here and I haven’t built it up yet.

D08A51C1-68CE-4832-996B-C24E7B29D5A1.jpeg

54DE2C34-C616-4C31-B976-E4A44CACF03C.jpeg

I tried to make the second one a little nicer with rounded shock hardware.
The welds aren’t the best because I am just learning how to tig weld. Hopefully it will get better. The first frame looks much worse at the welds and it is holding together for now.

E30312AA-8011-471E-8798-193D37B904DC.jpeg

My new bike is a homemade 4130 steel front triangle on a Scott Gambler carbon rear end. My tig welding skills are lacking so 8 need to check on this one pretty often. I made a second one but it is winter here and I haven’t built it up yet.

View attachment 2888094
View attachment 2888095

I tried to make the second one a little nicer with rounded shock hardware.
The welds aren’t the best because I am just learning how to tig weld. Hopefully it will get better. The first frame looks much worse at the welds and it is holding together for now.

View attachment 2888096
Holy moly! Well done. How much does it weight

Finally got my Moots Routt RSL built and out for a ride...getting used to the AXS shifting, since all other bikes in my "stable" are running Shimano (except my Trek Superfly, that I'm selling since the feel and gearing are almost identical to my new Routt RSL). Nice feel on everything from smooth pavement to potholes to chip seals, and even a bit of gravel mixed with hardpack trail. Going be a great bike for all the surfaces I encounter in Tahoe.

ayjIeDJ8TbyIkJu5qZsu6g.jpg

Finished up my new steel hardtail build. Tried to keep the cost down while building a capable fun bike. Sirius S5 frame, GX drivetrain, Pike fork from my Jeffsy.

20220129_175417.jpg

Last edited:
Got a couple of new bikes since I posted last. Didn't get rid of any of the ones I already posted ha.
1. 1993 Specialized Hardrock Ultra- going 1x 10 with XTR bits and bobs.
2. Intense Primer 29r. Basically stock other than cush core
3. Norco search XR. Carbon wheels, dynamo hub, cool guy Rene' Herse knobbies

20220205_173950.jpg
20210613_134141.jpg
DSC06754.jpg

:censor:That is Awesome😍😍
I have lusted for a Turner Czar for many a year. But it could never came to be.
Do Turner even still make frames? Are they still in business?
They only make titanium hardtails now. I'd love to pick up one of those or a Thomson for a gravel ride.

They only make titanium hardtails now. I'd love to pick up one of those or a Thomson for a gravel ride.
Take a look at Moots or Lynskey for Ti...personally love my Moots bikes for ride quality, and can't beat the peace of mind in durability. My Vamoots RSL took a high speed crash (Garmin says I was doing 45mph) in 2013 and frame was fine - even had welds x-rayed by a doctor friend that owns a 24hr clinic. Also love riding gravel/single track/debris covered shoulder and not worrying about junk getting thrown at my BB or downtube...not so much with my high end carbon stuff from TREK.

Take a look at Moots or Lynskey for Ti...
I'm kind of a small-builder kind of guy, even though those aren't exactly high-volume. I've always got my eye open for good deals on frames though (I'm a cheap SOB too).

I have an older Litespeed Tuscany that I love also. Need to get that one out on the roads more this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom