Post pics of your OEM/Reproduction top fj4x's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not much sexier than an early 25 style top ;)
DSC05387.JPG

Loving my OCD top!
Top installed 4.jpg

Here is my FST 40. (Obviously the sides are rolled up.) It's a 1971 all original but the oem top was replaced with an SOR top. I really like the SOR. Fitment was perfect and the top is nice and tight.
image-3910578026.jpg

I have the cordura and really like it but it hangs a tad loose when it's cold and is tight as a drum when it gets warm. Does the sonnedeck do that as well?

mine stays fairly consistent. It fits well. It was my first time putting something like this together, so I would do a couple of things different if I had to start over.

highly recommend this material.

Anyone know if the Paki top guy is still on the map? My 40 is a factory soft top model, and the previous owner paid for a Paki top about 3 years ago and still hasn't seen it. I'd like to get in touch with the manufacturer dude if anyone knows how to get in touch with him. Thanks!

-Seth

Anyone know if the Paki top guy is still on the map? My 40 is a factory soft top model, and the previous owner paid for a Paki top about 3 years ago and still hasn't seen it. I'd like to get in touch with the manufacturer dude if anyone knows how to get in touch with him. Thanks! -Seth

I can only assume you mean Ehsan, because no one ever paid me and then did not get a top. Try ehsankiani@yahoo.com or ehsankiani@gmail.com.

I am not Ehsan.

Haha, ok, thanks. Just caught up with the previous owner and he said that he finally threatened legal action against Jim, and received a refund via Paypal. So, all's well. Thanks guys.

Seth

Haha, ok, thanks. Just caught up with the previous owner and he said that he finally threatened legal action against Jim, and received a refund via Paypal. So, all's well. Thanks guys.

Seth

Just for clarifiaction, Jim (OCD) sells US made tops, not Paki tops.

Bringing this thread back to tops...

Here are some pics from this weekend.

Had a problem with my DS side door not closing...the upper half of the window frame was hitting the b-pillar. Looked at it more closely and the frame is torqued a bit. Solution: remove upper frame and run half door; at least temporarily.

Another problem I have is that the side curtain does not hang flush/square...there's a bit of bunching at the top of the b-pillar. Any thoughts here on how to correct the fit? The top is stretched as tight as I can get it.
Aviary Photo_130244753554344215.jpg
Aviary Photo_130244754135972345.jpg
Aviary Photo_130244754456149605 - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom