Registry Post Pics Of Your Modded 7x Series (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry about the late reply but it was a long weekend and I went bush.As said a stock 4wd will handle Fraser with deflated tyres and not overloaded in fact people tow 20' boats up the beach.It is a hard comparison with the coil and leaf of the two vehicles.The Ambulance has stock suspension which is heavily loaded and my vehicle has after market suspension designed for the job but I don't mind the coil and can see them benifit.No lockers just a slippery diff anyway you can't get to keen in an ambulance,the patients get grumpy when their broken bits hit the side of the car.You know whats better than driving one of these?Being a 4wd instructor for the company.One day in the bush,one day on the beach and sand dunes ,one day off,bush ,beach weekend. Life is tough.Sadly this dose'nt happen all the time.PIC of me at work just before BBQ lunch and after teach snatch strap recovery

Last edited:
Aussie75series: DROOL! That is a beautiful sight. :beer:

Eric W.: You can still order an OEM snorkel from offshore Toyota dealers that offer them as options in their Land Cruisers. Japan and Australia would be a good bets.

Greg B. has an OEM snorkel on his BJ74 that I helped install. You would also need the OEM snorkel airbox with it since there is no adapter flange to hook up the snorkel to the original airbox like the one provided by other manufacturers like Safari. The OEM snorkel airbox has the intake port pointed towards the fender that would mate with the snorkel. Overall cost: $$$! The snorkel and airbox cost a lot of money (I would guess double the Safari Snorkel since there's two pieces to buy instead of one).

Just to kick this thread to the top again.

Here's Todd Seitz's '85 BJ70.

3B (turbo in progress)
H55f/spitcase
4.56:1 ARBs
ARB bullbar, 8274
Ritchiebilt custom tubing, custom rear bumper c/w hidden M8000
factory split rims, 9R16 Michelin XCLs
Klaxon engine mgt
Optimas
Roof removal under way.
Todd's Truck 020s.JPG
Todd's Truck 006s.JPG

Last edited:
HZJ60 Guy said:
UGH! You're killing me. I cant believe you did that to a BJ74 ONLY for a bloody 60!

MOTHER!

TB

well i'm sure happy he did!!!!otherwise i wouldn't have endded up with it!!!!

lowenbrau said:
Just to kick this thread to the top again.

3B (turbo in progress)
H55f/spitcase
4.56:1 ARBs
ARB bullbar, 8274
Ritchiebilt custom tubing, custom rear bumper c/w hidden M8000
Klaxon engine mgt
Optimas
Roof removal under way.

Oops, photo server is broken, will add pics later.

I hate to ask..what is klaxon engine mgt on a 3B???

The Dude said:
I hate to ask..what is klaxon engine mgt on a 3B???
Not really sure but Todd paid a lot of $ for it so it must be cool. I'm pretty sure its just a buzzer that goes off whe the engine gets hot.

AlbyOne said:
Ok guys time to put em up and show us what you have - we might even learn a few new good ideas off each other. I'm off to get some pics of my POS and I'll post them soon.... :cheers:

QUOTE]
can you send me your direct email addy?
i have a 2000 HZJ79 coming in, i want to do a simular setup and i would like to ask you a few questions.
wayne@crushersrule.com
cheers

A work in progress

85 BJ70
3B H55F
4.11's - Full-Floating Rear Axle & Limited-Slip front
OME Suspension
33 x 10.5 Mud T/A's
Homemade Bumpers
Rock Sliders & Rack on the way
Front Bumper.jpg
Left side.jpg
Right Side.jpg

lowenbrau said:

Come to momma... I need some XCL's when I'm done with these stock bridgestones. :eek:

That's a sweet 70! :grinpimp:

OH.. How is the highlift mounted on there? Can you get any closeups? I need a way to put on a 60" til I can afford a custom rear bumper.

I love Todd's truck. That's what mine looks like when I close my eyes...
Is it still running a 2" body lift and has he sidehilled it yet?!

BJ70/85 - nice bumper!

bj70_guy said:
I love Todd's truck. That's what mine looks like when I close my eyes...
Is it still running a 2" body lift and has he sidehilled it yet?!

BJ70/85 - nice bumper!

Yup, body lift and OMEs. Works good with the 36" rubber. This go around, its losing its roof (already has) and getting a bit wider. Sidehills? well there's a reason all the pictures are of the driver's side :)

I'll snap a pic of the Jack-All mounting Wesintl. It's just a couple of wheel studs welded to the bumper uprights.

lowenbrau said:
Yup, body lift and OMEs. Works good with the 36" rubber. This go around, its losing its roof (already has) and getting a bit wider. Sidehills? well there's a reason all the pictures are of the driver's side :)

I'll snap a pic of the Jack-All mounting Wesintl. It's just a couple of wheel studs welded to the bumper uprights.

Ok.. I don't need a pic then. I was hoping it was some kind of camp so I wouldn't have to weld to the arb. BTW, what is the link to the pdp BB. I can't find it now. I love the look of his truck but I need better side hill stability too probably something I won't find with the XCL's and being taller.

I would like some info on the body lift. Did you guys make your own? is there a kit out there?

THanks
-Wes

wesintl said:
Ok.. I don't need a pic then. I was hoping it was some kind of camp so I wouldn't have to weld to the arb. BTW, what is the link to the pdp BB. I can't find it now. I love the look of his truck but I need better side hill stability too probably something I won't find with the XCL's and being taller.

I would like some info on the body lift. Did you guys make your own? is there a kit out there?

THanks
-Wes

http://gallery.prairiedogparts.com

The body lift is integral to the tube work. I really wish they made the XML in a 36" tire.

wesintl said:
OH.. How is the highlift mounted on there? Can you get any closeups? I need a way to put on a 60" til I can afford a custom rear bumper.

What'd you get a free highlift or somethin' :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom