Post pics of your FJ40 sunroof installations. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My roof is damaged by a shotty roof rack from PO.
If you're going to cut a hole in yours.....swap with me first.....at least one of us will be happy;)

As I was thinking to install a sliding "rag" top I just ditched the whole Idea and went soft top!

I always thought the fj40 had built in sunroof . My fj45 does and its held in place with a few bolts and rubber seals.

iphone5 014.JPG

My PO installed one and I actually like it. The additional light is great and the ventilation helps a lot both parked and driving. It does leak, but I intend to replace it with a well sealing version when I rebuild the top.

I don't think I would ever cut a hole for one, but since mine is already cut, I intend to enjoy the benefits.

FYI, I will not take the top off of this truck very often so the sunroof actually works to alleviate that fact. My other 40 will have a soft top. :)

I would rather do the sliding windows on the hardtop sides. My 4runner has a sunroof. I like it, but not enough to put on a 40. After a while the novelty goes away. Plus when the sun is really glaring around noon its kinda a pain having a sunroof, it bothers my eyes like crazy even though its tinted glass. So I usually have the shade closed too unless its somewhat overcast, or its a nice evening. I would rather do the sliding windows in the hardtop. That would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom