Events/Trails šŸ’„Pig Party 2022šŸ’„ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW, Pat ( @landcruisnman ) shows up with this shirt pictured (second down in the above post) and doesnā€™t remember who he got it through. Does it ring a bell with anyone??

Iron Pig Preservation Society (!)šŸ˜ƒ
Yeah, those were a few years ago, I can probably figure out who made those...
They were before PP '17, b/c that design saved our bacon when someone backed out on the PP '17 shirts.
IIRC, @J Mack and I scrambled to get shirts together...

Great trip! Thanks again to John @4Cruisers for excellent trail finding!
The pig ran flawlessly up to a quarter mile from my house and then suddenly died at the intersection after getting off the highway. Fuel lines were hot, so I'm guessing I was pushing vapor rather than fuel at that point. Poured some water on the fuel lines and let it sit for about 20 minutes. It fired up and ran fine afterwards. That's one of the disadvantages of running an external fuel pump. I'm putting my order in now for one of @RUSH55 's long range tanks.
Make sure to add on the optional plastic cladding as offered by @TachedOutOffRoad

Background of top picture post 848??
1658675261454.png

"Come at me Bro!"

Wednesday
Went to Mable via Kebler Pass got to within 1/4 mile of Crystal City (mill) and found out that some where at some time I lost three of the stud bolts on the drivers tie rod arm because, the fourth one broke on one of only 6 flat spots with allowable passing. The road is only 4 miles long but is similar to some of the tightest rocky roads we previously experienced. If it had happened in one of those section it would have closed the road down or worse. Lucky me. This morning a local showed up with a bag of bolts and I put on a bandaid that got me down that 4 miles to Marble where I sit in another hotel room and give thanks to something somewhere.

Tomorrow off to Carbondale to attempt to tidy up the bandaidView attachment 3059251View attachment 3059252View attachment 3059253View attachment 3059254
Wow....

Iā€™m alive!!!!
The thoughts of what could of happened were I in a different section of road. Traveling slow on the only two car wide flat section of a 4 mile one lane road the drivers steering arm fell off. 3 bolts were missing for who knows how long. The last bolt popped off on the above mentioned section 4 miles in on that road in the late after noon.

The day before I was attempting an area called Devils Punchbowl!!!!!

Next morning a South African showed up with a bag of metric bolts. we found the head of the popped stud and used the cone washer on one bolt and used a nut as a cone washer on the second bolt. Slowly crawled down the 4 mile road to marble. Got on the coconut telegraph and Jim came through withs Johns phone #

Next day drove 20 miles on paved road to Johns home and made contact. John spent 6 hours on the phone and waiting for return calls hunting parts. 2:45 that day we got word of a ball joint housing 20 miles away. The picture we saw looked like it had been rusting in the ocean for most of its life. We drove up in Johns 45 to pick it up and by the time we got to another Johnā€™s shop the part had been bead blasted and most of the threads were chased and studs, tie rod arm, cone washers and nuts were in place ready for paint. He had a complete ball joint rebuild kit, bearings, seal, felt and all ready to go. Back to Carbondale by 5:00 and painted the parts.

I got to Johns this morning at 7:45. He started his day at 6:30 the morning and worked straight thought the day dismantling cleaning test fitting ironing out used part issues checking preload requirements and making sure every piece was properly installed. I gave him a hand where I could but only room for 2 hands. At 5:00 I drove my pig away in perfect running order.

As I sit in a hotel room tonight and ponder the variables, what ifā€™s, could ofā€™s, I feel very luck.

Turns out that when we saw the broken parts it was obvious I was also lucky to have survived the 20 mile drive to his house. The three bolt holes that had missing bolts( 2 with temp bolts) were almost completely stripped and the top trunnion bearing had vaporized

I only have a few pics of the event to spice up this boring diatribe.

After I first reported my mishap, besides Jim and the mud hens I know, there were half a dozen other people I have never met dropped what they were doing started hunting for the information, parts and people that helped get me back on the road fully repaired In 2-1/2 days. View attachment 3061066View attachment 3061067View attachment 3061068View attachment 3061069View attachment 3061070Thanks go to all

A special thanks to John Brasier for taking lead and also his wife Mitsy for her hospitality.
Wow! Your guardian angel was looking out for you!
Or maybe Guardian Pig! (Do you still have that one that Cash gave you?)

Thanks for clarifying, showing wife the pics just now and your post said it all when she asked ā€œwhat was on his headā€. Canā€™t talk as weā€™re deaf after walking back from Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan jett at the Coors baseball stadium. A short time ago.
You went?!? Nice!!!

Or maybe Guardian Pig! (Do you still have that one that Cash gave you?)

Yes, the guardian pig that Cash honored me with is in my console keeping watch over me.

Let Cash know that it came to my rescue and that I am thankful for it
844C53C3-B55E-485E-B22C-D4CCD6120876.jpeg
4A145035-DF8B-400D-9C7E-11F8D35E89B5.jpeg

And no thats not a condom package from my younger days. It a eyeglass cleaner package. Sheesh, I wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom