Pig in Norway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have bought the only pig ever sold in Norway. This car is in good condission, but have some custom work from the '80s...
I desperate need new/or used wheel arces to weld in the rear. Can anybody help me?
Cool car in my eyes.

09_207820171_xl.jpg

09_1234187195_xl.jpg

Cool! Is it a diesel?

Solli,

That is a nice one. You might have better luck, building your own wheel wells. I would think any you find from a doner vehicle, would be rusted.

Tell us some more about your wagon.

Cool project, tell us more about it. Do you have any more pictures of it? Those are some odd looking rear wheel wells, but that looks like really clean start from what I can see in the pictures!

This was imported by toyota in '77. They used it on Toyota's service school for some years. In '85 the last owner bought it. I can't find out if there have been owners betven him and Toyota.
The story is that I have heard several historys about this car. And they all says it ended at as nails in the midle of '80s.
But the car was still alive, when the ovner died his wife sold it to a car dealer 14 days ago. And after a short phone call me and a friend drove my HJ45 6 hours and I bought it.
The car has been restored 20 years ago. But now it need some welding. But it drives well. Toyota told me that since '85 the owner have bought 1 (one) part. A brake sylinder.
It is not a diesel, and it consume a LOT of fuel. I don't know the normal gas milage on the 4.2 liter, but I hope it will be better after a litle service.
I have had 3 HJ60 and I drive a HJ45 every day. The 55 has much better comfort.
I think you know more about these cars than me.
This is the steel number: FJ55 66528
Type: FJ55LV KCW
I have a big problem. This car is very rare in Europa. In Norway there have been imported 3 the last years. The best would be to keep it original, but.....
I like to drive, so I think I have to do some upgrades. Diesel, disk brakes and power steering. A litle lift and 235X85X16.
so tell me what I need to know about these cool cars.

Solli,

My best advise would be, read all the old threads on the 55's, 40's and 60's. They have done everything you want, before.

I learn so much, just by reading on MUD. Shipping in parts is going to be expensive, I would think.

As far as your rear wheel wells go, if you're going to add larger tires and do other modifications, then leave the wheel wells alone, they don't look all that bad. ( my opinion ) kinda looks like a 40's wheel well.

Bobm will be reproducing these in the near future, I'm sure;), in the mean time, some guys bend 2" tubing and then section out the radius to copy the flares. Nice rig!

awesome pig! only cruiser i've seen in my visits to norway was a lifted black 70 series (i have family in hordaland)

I have learned much on MUD. I have build my HJ45 with 2H, turbo, 5 speed, BJ 70 axles, 3.70 gearing, HJ60 power steering +++ So I think this will be the same job.
The PIG has, in my eyes a much better frame than the 4 Serie.
the point is, can I do this to a so rare car? My 45 was a wreck that I get for free, no one wanted it.

But I think most of these modifikasions can be done in a way so it is posible to bring it back to original condision. The only "welded" modificasion will be the power steering.

But, first of al I have to sell the 45 to raise some money for the car. I am glad you like it.

Type: FJ55LV KCW. When I search this it is a 1975 model for Germany. But in my car papers it is a 1977.
Can you tell me, is it a 1977 or can it be a left over car from Toyota shop in Germany that Toyota in Norway have bought?

I think that 1977 might be correct for the year for your pig based on the following. I have two 1976 pigs one driveable and one parts rig. The vin numbers are FJ55 57011 and FJ55 60095. Since my vin numbers are lower than yours I would guess 1977 would be about right for your year model, if Toyota used the same serial numbers world wide.

I have learned much on MUD. I have build my HJ45 with 2H, turbo, 5 speed, BJ 70 axles, 3.70 gearing, HJ60 power steering +++ So I think this will be the same job.
The PIG has, in my eyes a much better frame than the 4 Serie.
the point is, can I do this to a so rare car? My 45 was a wreck that I get for free, no one wanted it.

Nobody is going to fault you for upgrading the drive train, especially if you stay Toyota like you did with the HJ45 ;) the mechanicals are mostly the same, it's the body that is impossible to find parts for (anywhere) ...

Good luck!

Tucker

Wow, very cool!
There should be a build date stamped on the VIN plate at the bottom of the driver side B pillar.
Those wheel openings are funky! A others have said, they are supposed to be very similar to the front fender opening.
It would be sweet if bobm reproduced these.
Any pictures of the back? Do you have tailgate or ambulance doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom