Pics, problem fitting a BTB rear crossmember and frame section (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am assembling a new rear crossmember and associated frame brackets, bought it all from BTB because at the time Awl_TEQ was AWOL.

I cannot get all the holes in the frame rail end to line up with both the cross member and the . Anyone else run into this? Have to pick either lining up with the crossmember or the spring perch plate. I expected having to enlarge a hole or make some adjustments but these are so far off one of the holes is at the edge of the frame rail.

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

My fit was off slightly but had to assemble all pieces loose then tighten at end… typical assembly practice. Where I had issues was the spacer pieces and short bolt with nut. Took some prying and adjusting but they fit eventually. By chance do you have plates upside down and reversed? Only truly wrong part was they drilled and tapped my taillight hole grounding stud wrong (vs OEM) on rear crossmember. I asked if they formed wrong on the brake… could be issue you have if not reversed.

Loosen everything up and see what play you have then. You may have to drill several holes out an extra mm or 1/32” or so to get the play you need. Run some washers as well when bolting everything together.

While you are at it, drill an extra hole in the spring hanger to move the hanger forward about one inch to match the pattern in the triangle gusset piece. Your shackle angle will be MUCH better. It will be easy to move back later if needed. Trust me on this.

I kept my stock cross member but used BTB parts for the gussets, triangle plate and hanger. All fit fine. Notice the forward position of the hanger.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom