Pics of new softtop from Pakistan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a pic of the interior. As you can see, the softtop frame tubes just barely touch my rollcage. Now that's planning! ;)
Or maybe just dumb luck. The cage was built to fit inside my hardtop.

Ed,

How do the sides fasten to the Cruiser? Does it use the stock twist-type fastener like the ones from SOR? I'll look forward to seeing some pics after it is on so please include one of the sides as well. Awesome looking top BTW. :beer:

Ehsan included twist-type fasteners, but I will be using better-quality hardware. The top has no fasteners attached, so you can put them wherever you want. There are straps around the outside edge for attachment to footman loops (not included).

Hopefully, I'll soon get the rest of the parts I need for the installation, and will get more pics of the finished product. :D

The top looks great as well as the cruiser :D Who did your roll cage, looks like what I'm looking for.

What "color" did you order???

Jody.

:)Saweat lookin' top Ed! I'll be real interested to see the completed product after you massage it into place.....Keep us posted...Rich :cheers:

That top sure is nice. My '75 was originally a soft top and I still have the footman loops and tube frame mounting fixtures on the truck. Unfortunately I do not have the tube frame or door frames. Is anyone making those parts? Could I get them and the canvas top as a package?

Ehsan, in Pakistan is making the frame and the top I believe. You can make your own frame relatively easily with an old hard top and with a lot of time, per Charlie Glabe's instructions in the Tech section.
Ehsan's email:
ehsankiani@yahoo.com

That is a sweeeeet looking top. The color is too cool. I to would like to see it snugged into place. Its kind of hard to tell, do the side and back windows roll up?

Those tops are just too nice.
I would hate to stab a big hole in one with a branch while wheeling. :doh:

How much?

[quote author=MarkFJ40 link=board=1;threadid=7623;start=msg64657#msg64657 date=1069173042]
Those tops are just too nice.
I would hate to stab a big hole in one with a branch while wheeling. :doh:
[/quote]
Any top is too nice! :D I want a soft-top real bad, but, I'm certain to tear it. I thought I was careful, and, after 25yrs driving my 78FJ I managed to destroy my L side rear window :whoops: :slap: :'( :'( The flap/wing(?) window survived though.

Both side windows and the rear window roll up, which makes it almost like a bikini top in hot weather. Price was about $800 delivered, but I think it's a bit more now. That includes frame and top. ::)

My bro. has one of those stock replica tops. Made in the US though.

coolfj40_1766_214296241

its pretty sweet. His came stock with the top back in 75 when the previous owner bought it. Still had pretty much everything I think, except the top was shredded as it sat in a barn for a long time.

It looks like something the wife and kids could make outback in the barn.

That looks sweet, hopefully you won't tear it, that would suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom